Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
milton

i know it changes day to day but if anyone has been to milton in the last day or so, whats the water level like. actually how far from the dock legs is the water. ive been a few years ago on someone elses boat, but id like to try it there or up at dan daniels. any ideas on wich has less underwater hazard and overall deeper more navigateble waters.

Re: milton

I have always heard Dan Daniels has more shallow rock than milton. I have a Targa 17 with a 90 merc and I have fished Milton with very liitle problems but I have been told Dan Daniels is alot tighter. Also as you may know we have fished Milton one day and had the run of the river and could not put the boat in the next. If you run a jet you would probably be fine. Good Luck

thanks bluejay, if i put in and go left would it be easier traveling. my uncle does alot of striper fishing but he goes right, up past shoals to neals bottom, so i know that part of the river can be tricky.

watch out for the Indian dam stay to your left going up.You'll be fine, just rollow the water's path.1bigblue

yeah thats to the right going upstream, i was wondering if any serious hazards downstream. i fish mostly down below south boston where the water is deeper, like some 20ft holes, im sure there arent any that deep around there but just wondering what to be expecting as far as avg water depth and how far downstream do you have to go before it starts to widen and deepen up some. water at milton is so unpredictable from day to day it seems easier to just make the drive to sobo, but sometimes time and money just dont make it doable so it would be nice to fish here at home. last year you couldnt have paid me to take someone elses boat to milton.