Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lake is

We went yesterday and the lake is @301 clearing up saw very little trash.They must be pulling it down as there was a good current.The coves were still stained heavier than the main lake. We caught some nice Crappie and our share of dinks. The Crappie were hitting med minnows better than the small ones, caught them in deeper water and they were holding at 8-12 ft. deep. Shallow water 5-7 ft in a blowdown we caught nothing but dinks. Bluegill are bedding in the local small ponds so they should be here or soon, now is the time to get those 1 pound plus Bluegill by the bucket full. I suspect that by this weekend it will be really nice for the 1st time this year unless we get more rain. Maybe I can use my underwater camera and see something! We will have the rule change for Rockfish/Stripers the 1st of June-hooray!!

Re: Lake is

Sounds great. I was at Falls last weekend and surface water temps were in the 73-74 degree range there with small cats hanging on the shorelines agressively feeding. Did you get a chance to note the temps up there?

I didn't get any water temps. Sorry.
Maybe someone else can post them for you.

73-74 daytime, 71ish 11pm on surface.
Upriver from SOBO, 74ish all time.
jfo