Replies
Last Post
Water Temps
Does anyone have the current water temps around mid lake
Views: 405   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 2, 2007 4:14pm
by Scott
Striper tourn. on the Dan
hey guys there,s going to be a striper tournament on the Dan River this weekend.Check with guys at the Boatramp in Milton and they can tell you all about it.All the money from last yr. is rolled over into this tournament.I think the tournament is 24 hours long.
Views: 1012   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 2, 2007 3:50pm
by danny b.
b
burton
this weekend
me and some friends are coming down to fish wed. to sun. just wondering if anybody has any advice on what the fish are doin will be fishing for bass crappie and cats any advice will be appreciated greatly thanks
Views: 1130   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 2, 2007 3:48pm
by danny b.
shad cam...
anyone been checking out the shad cam? i have seen more fish on there today, than ever in the past, lots and lots of shad, seen a few bass, bout 8-10 catfish, and some sort of sunfish i think. does anyone know if they changed location of where the shad cam was loca...
Views: 387   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 2, 2007 2:29pm
by Bassman 69
report for glenn
Glenn,thanks for the tips on where to fish.We fished the places you suggested and tried some other places we have fished in the past.We caught around 150 fri. and sat. and kept 25 for our two families for a fish fry.Hoping to go back this coming up weekend.Again than...
Views: 2181   Replies: 18
Last Post: May 2, 2007 12:21pm
by crappiefever
m
Marty
Kerr dam info
I'll be on the lake all next week. I hear there is a phone # where I can get a recorded message of when they will be pulling water thru the dam. Would someone please post the number. Thanks.
Views: 603   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 2, 2007 8:30am
by jfo
t
Tim
Looking for a fishing partner
I'm looking at driving over from Virginia Beach this weekend and was looking for someone who needs a fishing partner. I do not have a boat but would be willing to pay for gas, refreshments, or anything else for someone with a boat. If anyone is interested pleas...
Views: 451   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 1, 2007 10:53pm
by Tim
Open Crappie Tournament
Bobcat's Open Crappie Tournament May 12, 2007 $50 Entry Fee/$10 Big Fish Pot (Opt) Paying 5 places and 1 place in Big Fish Regardless of number of entries Check In and release from Bobcat's at 6 A.M. Fishing ends at 3 P.M. Be in Weigh-In line at store by 4...
Views: 452   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 1, 2007 7:45pm
by Bobcat's Bait& T...
FishDoc Philpott report
Anglers Choice tourney going on as well Saturday so quite a few boats out on the little lake. Water is crystal clear 10+ by the end of the day found some 59 degree water. Saw a FEW fish up on the bed by the end of the day and obviously many others had seen them as we...
Views: 1224   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 1, 2007 12:26am
by fishdoc
Hyco crappie
Myself and friend caught and culled a limit of nice crappie at Hyco lake,some still had eggs in them and a few around pound a piece,they were not the big ones that were spawning earlier but they were still nice.Minnows and chartruese curlytail grubs guys.
Views: 313   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 30, 2007 11:14pm
by CapRandy
r
rod c
Weldon
Is there a long wait time to put your boat in at Weldon?
Views: 1005   Replies: 9
Last Post: Apr 30, 2007 9:51pm
by rod c
b
Bryan
Water Conditions
Anybody know the condition of the lake from occonneechee up to the split?
Views: 546   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 30, 2007 10:00am
by Bryan
vc and kevin
well wheres all the big ones, i know you didnt get skunked.give me a call or email.
Views: 362   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 30, 2007 9:58am
by silent assasin
h
hump
Gaston water level question
When they raise and lower the lake level at Gaston, how fast can they do that? I put in at Pop Creek Thursday and could have sworn the water was about 12" higher when I took out 7 hours later. I then over heard another fisherman saying they lowered the level the ni...
Views: 600   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 30, 2007 9:52am
by Shutupandfish
weldon question
Did anyone fish weldon this weekened and can give a report? I am planning to go this friday and saturday. Should I put in at weldon or go further down stream. It is a 14 hour drive for me so info would really help me out. What bait seems to be working the best? Thank...
Views: 512   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 30, 2007 6:18am
by steve
Blueback herring
Anyone know if the blueback herring are spawning yet? Two yrs ago they were spawning shallow in April, haven't seen them since.
Views: 364   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 29, 2007 11:45pm
by jigdaddy
j
joejoe
bass
hey yall i am going up to kerr tomorrow with my dad for a two day tournament has anyone been catching some bass this week well if so please feel me in on some info like wat to use or wat you catchin them on! any tips. you can also email me ok thank you bye!
Views: 1525   Replies: 11
Last Post: Apr 29, 2007 11:09pm
by jigdaddy
e
Eric
bass spawn
Im going to kerr on the 4th was wondering with the full moon being on wed. if the females will be in on the beds by saturday?? I've read that alot of the posts are saying that senkos in watermelon red is the ticket also wondering if that pattern has changed or if it...
Views: 709   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 29, 2007 10:51pm
by tomcat
m
MOFISH
HUMMINGBIRD LCR 2000
Does anyone out there have a Hummingbird LCR 2000 ? Working or not working. I need the mounting bracket, the transducer, and the power cable. I had this unit packed up and stored for over 10 yrs and the above items have been misplaced. I know that the unit works fi...
Views: 445   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 29, 2007 8:35pm
by RJ
r
ROOKIE
Catfish showdown pictures
Any one know how to get the pictures from the catfish showdown. I went to there site but did not see any pictures or didn't know what I was doing. If they are there, could someone walk me thru the steps of veiwing the pictures. Sure would like to see Shannon and Todd...
Views: 800   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 29, 2007 5:06pm
by mobydick
Showdown website updated!
Hey Guys, The site is updated and looks good. When you get the first page , click on 2007 and the flier so it wlii go to the 2007 site. You can go to the 2006 site by clicking on the 2006 date & flier. Hope this helps! I had trouble too! Enjoy and w...
Views: 322   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 29, 2007 1:24pm
by mobydick
b
Bo
Weldon info
Guys I am sorry about this past weekend. I was busy with a client and unable to reply. I have some open dates the second and third week in may. Just email me for details. Again I apologize for the late reply. This message board has really helped me out in guidin...
Views: 303   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 29, 2007 8:39am
by Bo
t
Tim
Evinrude
ignoring buzzer keeps sounding on engine thought it was the impeller but was not,now thinking it's the oil pump and since they are so high I'm thinking about plugging the oil line and unhook the sensor and just mix oil with gas on fill up., my question is where is th...
Views: 959   Replies: 10
Last Post: Apr 28, 2007 9:50pm
by wally
t
Trap
Shad Cam
I have been seeing more activity on the shad cam lately. If you havent looked at it yet, you can watch for hours, it is addicting to watch for fish. here is the link http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/fishing/shadcam/ TRAP
Views: 543   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 28, 2007 3:25pm
by Geo
c
chris
Hit and miss SPAWNING BASS
ive fished kerr lake a coulple of times with my local club.. I always seem to miss spawning fish.Were heading back there next weekend,so iwas wondering if anyone has seen any fish on beds?I VE HAD MY BEST LUCK THERE WITH ANY WORM AS LONG AS IT WAS WATERMELON SEED.Is...
Views: 532   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 27, 2007 11:53pm
by fishdoc
s
Swampa
Bluestone Ramp
Just checking to see if the Bluestone ramp was still closed. Please advise. My buddy and I tore the crappie up this time last year. If the ramp is still closed, please inform of another ramp that we could put in without searching long and hard for the crappie...
Views: 842   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 27, 2007 10:50pm
by Swampa
k
keith
water temp.
Just wondering if someone would post the temp. in kerr now. Thanks. and also in gaston if anyone knows.
Views: 226   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 27, 2007 9:02pm
by keith
MILTON
Fished yesterday at milton drifting live shad all the way from the island above to the old bridge short of 58, and got skunked. The water is filthy and has all the mess off the trees due to the big rain a week or so ago. Water level is about right though around a f...
Views: 566   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 27, 2007 8:01pm
by CherokeeKid
crappie from heaven
the crappie were bitting well on tues night just got home and downloaded pics here are a few we caught 86 total on tues. caught 57 from the docks at the clarksville marina at night around the lights http://new.photos.yahoo.com/jamlmiss/album/576460762398745440
Views: 874   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 27, 2007 7:21pm
by JD
spawning
Which end of Buggs do the bass spawn first? Thanks
Views: 1082   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 27, 2007 4:32pm
by mowerman
WATER COLOR?
Thank you for the advice I got from you guys on being out smarted by the Kerr Lake Striped Bass population!!!!!! Does any one know if the water is clearing up say from Butchers up to Bluestone????? Last weekend I saw lots of debri, dock parts,even one tree with...
Views: 486   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 27, 2007 3:33pm
by ABE GOLDBERG
b
burton
depth finders
my depth finder crapped out this pass weekend so im gonna have to buy a new one, the one i had was a hummingbird was only 2 years old so i think i might go with another brand, any suggestions would be appreciated, also would anybody recomend a color one over black an...
Views: 780   Replies: 16
Last Post: Apr 27, 2007 2:28pm
by Ray
Staunton River
Hey,can anybody tell me if there are shad to be got around the power line below 360. There were some in the river at Brookneal last night.Thanks in advance for the help!
Views: 347   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 27, 2007 1:37pm
by Big Jon
crappie fishing
Is anybody doing anything with the crappie this week, I was planning to come down, but a out of town funeral put the stops on that. Is anybody catching any size and numbers of crappie. With the water coming down it should bring'em out of the woods some. What you thin...
Views: 488   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 27, 2007 7:10am
by Glenn Christie
t
tim
Bass
i just wanted to see if any one fished today and if this little cold front messed the bass up because i am putting in at bluestone tomorrow and wanted to see what yall are cathcing them on and how deep they are any help would be nice thanks...
Views: 624   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 27, 2007 1:02am
by Chris Cross
r
RJ
Roanoke Rapids Lake
Just curious if anybody can tell me what's up with the water flow between Kerr and Rapids. Roanoke Rapids lake is down about 4 feet and dropping. It was very muddy and dropping water. Neeedless to say I didin't catch many fish. I know they drop it for the spawn bu...
Views: 870   Replies: 15
Last Post: Apr 27, 2007 12:16am
by Bo
stripers
commin up this week for some stripers i could use some help on where to catch them and on what bait thanks
Views: 311   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 26, 2007 10:05pm
by strpier catcher
brookneal striper tourny
does anyone know when the striper tournament @ Brookneal is?
Views: 687   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 26, 2007 6:45pm
by Big Jon
b
BigCat
Brim
We caught the biggest brim that I have ever seen and I was wondering what the record and citation size are. I do not know how much it weighed, but it was 10.5 inches long. Thanks
Views: 319   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 26, 2007 6:33pm
by JRS
creek bank tanks
i just wanted to let all of you guys know that there will be new filter material coming out for the tanks real soon.the filter material is easier to clean and holds up alot longer.
Views: 481   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 26, 2007 6:23pm
by circle hook
g
Geo
depth map
Any know where i can find an on-line depth map of kerr,preferably free.
Views: 297   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 26, 2007 10:37am
by Geo
Loading Boat
We were at Rudds Creek launch area over the weekend, and a county deputy jumped one of our party about being in the boat after driving it upon the trailer and staying in it until it was parked. He noted that was illegal and was very stern in his warning. Drive on tra...
Views: 1842   Replies: 29
Last Post: Apr 26, 2007 9:16am
by Bryan
Honestly
Does anyone honestly know where the winning fish of the showdown was caught? I heard rumors but unsure if they are true. Not that I am trying to jump someones hole just curious. Another thing Did anyone see the how many boats were stretched from holiday shores to...
Views: 1251   Replies: 11
Last Post: Apr 26, 2007 7:40am
by circle hook
Spring Fling
Ok guys, it,s time for the Spring Fling of Providence N.C. in Caswell County.All the food you can eat and just about any kind too.Arts and Crafts for the entire family, rides for the kids, free music all day starting at noon Saturday and Sunday with the Kentucky Head...
Views: 804   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 25, 2007 10:55pm
by danny b.
April 21 Catfish Showdown Tournament Results
April 21, 2007 CATFISH SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT RESULTS Warren Weston - President John Moore - Vice President/ WeighMaster/Boat Inspector Ray "HogHead" Jones - Tournament MC/Staff Secretary Annette Weston Fay Watts National Anthem by "Gospel Voices." Prayer...
Views: 1043   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 25, 2007 10:31pm
by Carl
v
VC
Shad
Has any one seen any shad near bluestone?
Views: 473   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 25, 2007 10:19pm
by silent assasin
Season Extended
The striper season has been extended to May 6. Go to this website to see the details: www.ncwildlife.org See you there this weekend!!!!
Views: 355   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 25, 2007 9:15pm
by Luv fishing
Views: 876   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 25, 2007 4:13pm
by crappie crossing
h
Hutch
Buggs Cats
I am new to catfishing and want to come to Buggs due to all I hear about it. Any advice on where to go and what to use for this time of year? Looking at coming up Friday after Mothers Day. What is the best wayt o fish for the blues..bottom or drifting? any help w...
Views: 435   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 25, 2007 12:55pm
by Hutch
crappie fishing
Anybody doing anything with the crappie now? Haven't heard a mention lately just wondering whats with the crappie? Planning to come down next week, could anybody give me a report. Thanks
Views: 935   Replies: 9
Last Post: Apr 25, 2007 10:18am
by upsmwr
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Free Forum powered by Bravenet