Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
weldon question

Did anyone fish weldon this weekened and can give a report? I am planning to go this friday and saturday. Should I put in at weldon or go further down stream. It is a 14 hour drive for me so info would really help me out. What bait seems to be working the best? Thanks so much for the help.

Re: weldon question

alot of great action yesterday @ weldon, go there.
water levels are perfect right now, they just dropped it a bit more last night, i'm heading there today for the afternoon bite, we bring large minnows from raleigh, usally go thru about 8 doz.
c-rigged with enough weight to get it down, is the ticket. do some research online for a bait store on your way. 5$ adoz. at weldon is pretty steep.
good luck and stay safe

Re: Re: weldon question

I guide on the Roanoke River. Yesterday was actually a slow day by my standards. Fish seemed to be scattered and not as aggressive as friday. That should change though with the water dropping. The key is a constant water level. If it fluctuates any the bite will really slow down. I agree with steve about weldon. I catch my own bait in the lakes. Sometimes a doz of five dollar minnows is cheaper in the long run. If you are coming in on HWY 158 stop at Three Lakes Grocery just east of littleton NC. If you are coming in from the north go with Colstons Tackle Box in Gaston NC. There is a store right at the landing, Roanoke Outfitters that sells them as well. Good luck.

Bo

Bo how far down river did you go yesterday? this time of year I drift way down, theres a small island down there on the left, past the HT wires thats great for early season action. its about 7 miles down river. my buddy hammered them down there yesterday.

We went out yesterday with Richard Lee and had a great day. This was the first trip up there. We boated about 40 fish between 3 of us. We all caught our limit. We only caught 3 about 24 inches. Great time.

Fishing was the best while drifting. I will be back!!

Re: Re: weldon question

Guys there is great fishing below the big rock and on the halifax side across from Troubleville Gut. My spelling may be incorrect. It is the largest gut about a mile below the big rock. It is on the northampton side. I went this afternoon and caught some real good fish. We had numerous slot fish and a bunch of keepers. The fellow I had with me could not believe it. Oh well, I have to go eat so good luck and if you have questions just ask. Oh yes, the info about the power line is correct. We nailed them there on friday. Tight lines.

Bo

Bo, I'm still trying to get in touch with you. Houston

we had a great day out there yesterday, awesome weather, lots of fish down river, sure went thru some gas lol but as Bo says, you need a steady water flow, main reason is the water needs to clear, suddon drop will surly dirty it up. this week should be killer near the rock.
for you folks that need to travel and just want action and not the meat, after they close the season is best. world class fishing.
stay safe,