Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
crappie fishing

Anybody doing anything with the crappie now? Haven't heard a mention lately just wondering whats with the crappie? Planning to come down next week, could anybody give me a report. Thanks

Re: crappie fishing

Fished 4 days, HARD once at Falls 3 times in Kerr. Total 9 fish. I have not heard of much since the Big storm. No one we talked to was having in luck. Sorry, Smiles G

Went to SML sunday, caught about 50, only 10 keepers 9 to 10 inches long. Nothing special, but I did have fun on the water with my Grandson and son in law.

Fished friday,saturday and sunday.The bite got worse each day.I think it's a combo of water conditions and some fish are stressed from the spawn.Some have and alot haven't.I only averaged about 30 a day this weekend with the biggest of the weekend being 1lb 13 oz female that hadn't spawned.Fished bushes in cuts middepth and deep brush,all with the same result.some here some there.The bite should pick back up by the weekend,so perchjerker you should be hitting it when it turns back on.Also try floating jigs about 4ft in back of major creeks to catch post spawn fish.

Caught enough this morning for dinner tonight.
8-10 ft water with jigs and minnows slow trolling/drifting. A black jig w/yellow eyes was the hot lure but it had to be tipped with a minnow.
They hit real well early but only one keeper for every 3 or 4 fish caught. Water temp 63 deg.
Once the wind picked up around 11:00, the bite stopped.

chappie

chappie...... were u at flemmingtown ramp today..... think we met???????????????/

Thanks to all that responded for the information on the crappie, that helps! Thanks again! perchjerker

RJ,
Might be. I had the white triumph.

yep ....thought that was u ........

I am holding a charity fishing tournament for young boys from the Oxford children's home this Saturday. Ten boaters will take out 10 boys. Would like some information on how or where to catch some crappie? I plan to bass fish in the morning and then switch so I can assure the boys catch something. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!