Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
bass

hey yall i am going up to kerr tomorrow with my dad for a two day tournament has anyone been catching some bass this week well if so please feel me in on some info like wat to use or wat you catchin them on! any tips. you can also email me ok thank you bye!

Re: bass

ask all your friends who prefished today and thought they owned Flemingtown Road access.

Hey Chappie, what time were you there? I also used that ramp, with no problem.

When I came in (mid afternoon, don't know exact time) there were four boats trailered and parked perpendicular to ramps in the loading/unloading area. All involved were standing around just shooting the breeze and showing off catches and boats paying no heed to us loading and unloading. Didn't want to start an argument so did the best I could do and left.
I know that bass fishermen sometimes get a bad rap on this board, some deserved and some not, but these guys did'nt say hi, bye, or kiss my .....
Just my two cents worth.
Chappie

Chappie wrote:

"All involved were standing around just shooting the breeze and showing off catches"

In your first post you said the bass fisherman were prefishing. Well, if they were prefishing, they certainly weren't at the ramp showing off their catches. Tournament fisherman don't typically keep fish when prefishing. Just wanted to clear that up.

Well wether they were prefishing post fishing or dreaming of fishing. They should get out of the way. Nobody else does this. Since we are on the subjuct ever been in a cove crappie fishing or catfishing have a bass boat come in at 90 mph and bout wash you up on the bank. Throw 4 or 5 cast and haul freight back out. Why do they believe they own the lake?

Uh oh.....this is gonna get good.....hee...hee

really, does anyone here even atlk about the lmb report or do yall just argue? im gonna be there this weekend an i want to know where the fish are at. can you answer my ? or just ramble on about everything else

Well as i see it there are two types of people in the world. Thoes who fish and thoes who talk about fishing. I admit i do both. It is fun however to argue every once in a while. Oh by the way the fish will be located in the water near the bend in the lake next to the log. hope this helps

YA'LL ARE REALLY FUNNY!Look fella, if you want to catch some "LMB" Flip the bushes with something you have confidence in.Keep flippin they are there,trust me!

get a 5 1/2 ft pistol grip baitcaster with 15lb line. get a 3/8 oz perch colored devilshorse. take everything off the plug, throw the hooks away. get some 50 cent hooks, #6, glue all hardware when replacing hooks. learn to cast it in a coffe can at 30-50ft...under the limbs. you'll have a blast!

All I know is, I fished a c-rig sat and a cpl weeks ago from shallow to about 12 ft and got my a** handed to me by people with spinnerbaits. I usually do good on the rigs, but gonna have to go another route maybe jigs from shallow to deep. Maybe I should change my name to "rig" daddy Open for advice, feel free to email, and by the way fishdoc, got me some of those perch colored devilshorses, gonna try them next time