Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
report for glenn

Glenn,thanks for the tips on where to fish.We fished the places you suggested and tried some other places we have fished in the past.We caught around 150 fri. and sat. and kept 25 for our two families for a fish fry.Hoping to go back this coming up weekend.Again thanks for the help.

Re: report for glenn

Hey guy, Glad you had sucess and enjoyed your trip. I am sitting here trying to figure how high and muddy the water will get it must be close to 305-306 by my stump I guage by. I have a friend coming from the Mts to fish a week with me. I really do not know where to take him so we will try everything from night fishing at Falls to trying to fish my spots here on Kerr. Glad you had fun and some fish for the family. We have 96 nice crappie filets for our selves and my neighbors. Tight lines & smiles. G

Hey man, did you get through the storms ok?Have you been fishing this week at all.Looking at the board it looks like the water is rising again.I was thinking about trying around bluestone this weekend but someone said they closed the ramps.Do you know if thats true?We might go back to grassy if thats the case or do you have any other suggestions.Thanks for all your help!

Hey guys. How deep are the crappie now. I am coming this weekend. Not sure which day yet. I was down the first full week in April. We caught fish anywhere from 2ft to 16ft of water. The fish in 10 to 16 ft of water were mostly over brush. We caught as many as 45 or 50 in several spots over the brush. We were fishing from 4 to 9 ft deep, depending on where they marked on the finder. I expect they are probably still over brush in the deeper water right now and hopefully we will be able to find some there. We put over at Longwood most times and will probably go from there. Any help will be much appreciated. Mind you, not asking for any particular hot spots just general info. We have some pretty good spots, well they were, 2 weeks ago.
Thanks much
Donald

Hey Guy: We survived with minimal damage to dock trees etc.Bluestone is closed at present. I may try Grassy tomorrow. I believe it will be muddy and a mess. The water may be over the bridges on Pittard road and Shiney Rock rd. I will let you know what I find out. Went to Falls and fished 5 hrs. One 1/2 lb Crappie prevented a skunk. The water is stained and real high. Only one set of ramps at Hwy 50 usable. Luck to you. Smiles, G

Thanks a bunch for the help. I will check the post later to see how you did. It looks like I will be coming sunday. My grandsons have baseball saturday, my son in law and I will be bringing them down sunday. I really would like to fish both days but just have too much to do around the home. I have gotten lots of good info off this site over the past 2 years from people like you who are willing to share. I have talked with Fishdoc many times and fished with him some as well. He took me Walleye fishing last year for the first time. we did well with some good keepers. He had one 8 lbs or so that day. He has been very nice and helpful every time I asked him anything. All the help you gives us part time fisherman is a great help. I have been catching crappie since I was 4 years old. Used to fish the North Landing River that runs thru VA Beach to chesapeake. Part of the intercoastal waterway. We did well there but the fishing there is quite a bit different than it is on a lake. I have learned some very good spots on my own and found others by watching other fisherman and of course Keith (Fishdoc) has shown me quite a few good places to fish. Again, thanks for the great posts.
Donald

Glenn, I was at Falls tuesday night into wednesday morning. They're biting real good at night, we fished thru 10 dozen minnows between 8 PM and midnight.

Stripreb,sorry I haven't replied back yet but I haven't been online recently.The fish we caught were anywhere from 18ft to 5ft.We fished brushpiles in that range and also close to the wall.Ihope this helps and good luck this weekend.I'm going to see what Glenn does and decide where to go from there.Let me know how you do.

Hello: We went to Grassy today. I fished it hard from 07:30 to 13:00. Caught 7 0nly 2 keepers guessed largest would have cleared 1 1/2. Tried shallow deep most luck in 18 to 22 ft. Went all the way to Morton's bridge and the Spewmire bridge. Any one we talked to had 2 to 5 crappie the most were small to small!!! Only saw a dozen boats all day on the end where we were. Water is dropping and stained. Trash in the coves and nooks. A few small logs around be carefull. We are headed to Hyco in the am. I have 3 friends/ex co-workers where I retired have given me directions to where they last caught good, 2 of them live on Hyco. Let you know how we did. Going to fish Nutbush on Sat and my friens goes home Sun. Tight lines & smiles. G

Glenn, thanks for the reply. I am a bit puzzled now as to what to do. My son in law wanted to go to SML and try to find some fish there, but I just love fishing at Buggs, Grassy especially. How stained was the water? How bout the temp? I think we will probably head to Grassy Sunday anyway. Maybe the fish will have calmed down by them after this rain we had plus the weather is supposed to be great. Again, thanks for the report and I will for sure let you know how we do. If you are down that way sunday am we will hopefully be putting in at Longwood around 7am or so. We are in an old tri-hull Monark bass boat. Old but fishing great. 2 adults and my 2 grandsons will be on the boat.
Thanks again
DRT

Hey guy: We drove to Clarksville and the main river and channel at the bridge looked like a dirt road. Logs and trash every where. We turned around at the end of the bridge and came back to Grassy crk boat ramp down Shiney rock rd as Longwood lot was full. Fished 3+hrs just 1 tiny crappie. The dirty water is headed this way.When the Crps made their post that by w/e it would be down. 305.4 by their gauge. Temp 58 in most areas regardless of where you were. Some 60 in 5-6 ft water. Twice as dirty as yesterday. Wish I could be more positive. Tight lines & Smiles. G

Man, thanks again for the help. Maybe wqe will head to Leesville or SML to save some driving time.
Donald

Hey guys: I am depressed almost. My friend came from the mys and we fished four solid days. Day 1- 1 1/2 lb from Falls; Day two 7 seven crappy from Grassy only 2 keepers 1/2 and 1 1/2; Day three one 3 finger crappie from Grassy; Day four 1 10" bass from Nutbush where we live. This is awfull. I have been real sick with a stomach virus since Fri night. From lunch Fri until Lunch Sun had a spoon of grits and oup 4 sips of coke. I need to regroup and try again asap to redeem myself. Tight lines and a half way smile. G

Hello Guys: Finally broke the ice as my Dad used to say. 19 today but only 8 keepers. Sure beats the heck out of last week. Water is dropping like a rock maybe I can get to my piles in a week or so. Tight lines & smiles. G

Hey Glenn,whats happening,Sorry to hear you were sick.I had that same stuff about 2 weeks ago.It was some bad stuff.Glad to hear you did better this last time out.We went a little closer to home last weekend and caught about 40 and kept 8.I hope to go back up there the 1st weekend in May.My buddy is getting his new boat this weekend and I'm going with him to pick it up so we are shooting for the next weekend.Leave a few for us.

Hey C/F Wore them out today at Grassy. Threw back 1/2 lbs to upgrade my live well. Unloaded at 07:15 loaded at 10:45. Caught the biggest Redbreast that I have ever seen come from this lake and every one who saw it said the same. They are hot while this full moon last. Tight lines & smiles, G

Hey Glenn,that sounds real good.We are coming up on fri. and staying until sun at the Longwood campground.Are you fishing fri?What depths were the fish at now? Thanks for all your help.Have a blessed day.

Hey Hey: Rocked em again today. Left home aroung seven back at 10:30. 32 which included some "Jolly Whoppers". Only stopped in one place had two live wells with all we wanted to dress. 8 to 20 ft water. Kind of floated back and forth as the fish moved in & out. Fished deeper as the day grew as temp went from 67 to 72 in 2 hrs or so. We have a trip to Asheboro on Fri. I have a middle grandaughter who will be 16 Sat and an elder one graduting from high school and away to Lee University in Cleveland, Tenn. That makes me feel old huh? May try to hook up with you on Sat morning. Check your e-mail. Tight lines & smiles. G

Got your email and liked what I saw.Have a safe trip and have fun with the grandkids.Have a blessed day.