Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Catfish showdown pictures

Any one know how to get the pictures from the catfish showdown. I went to there site but did not see any pictures or didn't know what I was doing. If they are there, could someone walk me thru the steps of veiwing the pictures. Sure would like to see Shannon and Todd's pretty faces or is that what happened, CAMERA BREAK ???!!!

Re: Catfish showdown pictures

Hi rookie,

Here is the picture of the 1st place.

http://www.thecatfishshowdown.com/files/1.JPG
http://www.thecatfishshowdown.com/files/2.JPG

I am working on the new site with the new
tournament results, but it's taking time.

I am building a new website each year!, and it's
atleast a 1 week build, that I am trying to get
done in 2 days! I had just from the night of the
tournament due to other work.

So please bare with me on this, I am working
on it and will post as soon as I finish the new site.

To get to the new site once it is finished just go to thecatfishshowdown.com and click the 07 flier, it will take you to the new site.

Thanks,
and enjoy the pictures.

I am going to try and have the site by tonight
but can't gaurantee it!

ok, The New Catfish Showdown Website for 2007 is live and online.

follow the instruction from above if needed.

Hey guys,
Looking foward to my trip to kerr, but i have a rookie question. I just checked out the catfish showdown site and the results from the tourny said that there were 19 fish weighed out of 194 anglers. Uh is there like a minimum weight or or something in order to get your fish weighed or do the fishermen just not bother weighing any fish under 10-15 lbs, because i hope that there wern't only 19 fish caught between 200 anglers. kinda a dumb question, but hey i'm a yankee!

No we caught a fish between 12 and 14 but when you walk up and see the leader sittin pretty with 60 and 10th place at 20 you figure there isnt much need to weigh. I feel like that everyone who catches a fish to weigh one because then it shows that there is some good fishing out there. Maybe we could get something going on like a point system to get these fish to the scale

Geo,
There were only 19 fish weighed, but the 194 fishermen were on 90 boats. Yes a lot of fish are not weighed due to only the top ten take the dollars. The bite was off somewhat. Usually about 30%-40% of the boats weigh in fish. The guys and gals fishing knows that if it isn't near 30#'s it most likely won't make the top ten. So you see that there are several factors that can bring down the weight-in count. From the info I got back on tourney night the bite was slow and a lot of dinks!

Points!
I have been pondering over a points system for 4 years that would enhance the stats and bring a wider scope to the event. The problem that I ran in to is that the constant changing between fishing partners on each boat entered. This has been the biggest obstacle. It could get quite confusing on who gets the points and whether they should be split or share and should the points carry over when switching partners. If you force the team ussue then you push away those who would rather not for whatever reason.

Rules! Rules! Rules!
Sometime keeping things simple is best!

I am up for suggestions and I have not given up on making the fish that weigh-in count for something. Time will tell!
This would be a good discussion to be taken up on Cat talk on the showdown forum! We need to use the board more anyway , THAT'S WHY IT WAS BUILT!