Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Honestly

Does anyone honestly know where the winning fish of the showdown was caught? I heard rumors but unsure if they are true. Not that I am trying to jump someones hole just curious.

Another thing Did anyone see the how many boats were stretched from holiday shores to the mouth of the dan. I bet there were at least 40. Its a good hole with good fish Even won a tourny out there. But seriously is that the only spot? 40 out of 90 boats I just think that its comical

Two more then I'll shut up ever heard of wd40 for a attractant some say it works and other say no. And does anyone think there are resident blues that dont run the river?

My head hurts now!

Re: Honestly

WD 40 works because people believe it works,it gives folk confidence to spray something on their bait! If you want to spray something on your bait use menhaden oil that works.Just like people fish to not all do the same thing,I am sure there are fish that do not run up the rivers or ever leave the lake.

I personally talked with the boys and they
said they where right outside of bluestone!.

That's all I am saying!,
no more details. respect to them!

They had 18 inch gizzard shad
on the line with 80 pound test
with big pin real.

any other questions!

We fished outside of bluestone once,
caught some nice fish. But that was
last year! .lol

Well I guess that settles it then about the location. I was just curious cause arent the blues suppose to be gone. I figured there were some catfish just like everyting else that spawn in the lake improductively.

About the WD40 they say it works because it contains fish oil. Which is actually the main ingerident. I am not big on attractants or sprays but I am curious. I did try this two nights ago. Set there for hours caught just one blue. Took a lil cut bait sprayed some wd on it and put it back in 12 minutes later on the same pole i had another blue. so it raised my curiousity

I am a personal friend of Shannon and Todd and I can tell you this much, if your not willing to burn some gas and go to the other end of the lake (Nutbush) you want find some of the best Blue holes. Also you got to be willing to study the map, and practice. I have been in the boat with these guys and they know how to fish DEEP water. Hope I didn't let to much of the (Blue) Cat out of the bag. Good job guys and keep them cicle hooks sharp.

The fish did not come out of the mouth of Bluestone! I was sitting right beside Shannon when he caught it- I heard the clicker go off @ 9:30ish, infact @ first I thought it was one of mine(hoping)! That is a monster fish on tournament night! If I'm not mistaken its the biggest fished weighed in a Showdown. Congrats Circle- great fish! I'll let you thank me the next time I see ya- all that chum I had in the water, bound to have brought the ol big girl in the area!(Ha Ha) Went back the next morning to the same spot & caught 3 over 30lbs & saw another guy catch one 70lbs! I've had nightmares since- 2 days in a row saw a 60 & 70lber caught right beside me! Atleast I know I'm fishing in the right vicinity!!! tight lines to everyone and good luck, the big girls are in the neighborhood!

CPFISH

the main ingredient in Preparation H is shark oil, somebody give it a whirl.

At least they will not swell or itch as bad from the hook in thier mouth.

well i pretty sure there arent any sharks in the water in buggs island

thanks cpfish.i still would like to say i am sorry for all the noise saturday.ok i am just going to ramble a little bit.all the people that i talked to in the tournament saturday was told by me and my partner were the fish was cought.not a pinpoint location but certain area of the lake.i will say i have fished several areas of the lake hard for the last 3 weeks prior to the tournament(uppys to the rivers)alot of people was talking about not having good shad or any at all.in my opion the shad were in the bushes.we cought all we needed and man were they large.the negative side of this is u can go out and tare 2 nets up in 1 night.i did this 2 weeks ago.good bait = big fish.spending the time to go out and fish hard = big fish.looking at maps and studing them = big fish.being blessed is what its all about!i dont consider myself a great fisherman i just love to fish all year and enjoy fishing with u guys in the tournaments.some of the people that i have met on this board will tell u i will try to learn and teach as much as i can about the great sport of catfishing.also i would like to thank the great people that put the catfish showdown on.this is one first class tournamet.

I concur with everything said above. I am not new to the catfishing gig just a little green. I studied maps for crappie and in just a couple years and fishing with an experienced guy I have picked up quite a bit. I still have lots to learn. In my opinion I believe that the best place to catfish is a long the side of the flats and in drop off's. I believe that I am heading in the right direction someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I have a new question Does Big BAIT= Big FISH.

I also agree that the showdown is a first class tournament. Hopefully it can get more publicity.
Good Luck to everyone every night Thanks for the info.

wd40ish big bait does = big fish but i have landed 40lbers on small bait.i will not agree that the flats is the best place to fish.if u are chasing blues like i was this weeekend and alot of the year u should learn how to move around the lake.i fish from nutbush all the way up in the dan.i would like to say for the next few months that the rivers and flats are very hot spots.this past weekend i didnt go into the river or the flats becouse i new there would be so much boat pressure.