Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Evinrude

ignoring buzzer keeps sounding on engine thought it was the impeller but was not,now thinking it's the oil pump and since they are so high I'm thinking about plugging the oil line and unhook the sensor and just mix oil with gas on fill up., my question is where is that sensor located? It is a 150 Evinrude spitfire engine. Any help I'd appreciate.

Re: Evinrude

I have a 75 Johnson and that is what I had to do. They say sometimes the suction line just is not strong enough to pull the oil through. So I done just wha tyou are saying. I have not had a bit more trouble out of it either. Good Luck with the motor though I know it is a headache

Thanks Jerk Bait thought that would be piece of mind just doing that, just can't figure out where the sensor is. someone said it's in the oil tank????? I'll figure it out 1 way or the other.

Tim: I directed a friend with an old Johnson to this idea. You can go online and order a manual for your engine with the serial # and it shows you everything you need to know. Good luck. Smiles, G

Tim, Try www.themarinedoctor.com, its a great site & has been a big help in the past with any problem on just about any motor.

Curious, what is the standard ratio, 50:1?

Been that since the 50's unless something I do not know.

marinedoctor.com gotta alot of helpful info.thank skeeter

Tim, there is a fuel restriction sensor on the front of the motor. If this sensor is going off there is a problem with fuel from the boat. Did you replace the impeller, clogged t-stats will set off overheat sensors. There is also a sensor in the oil reservoir. Email me if you need more help. Buck @ Carolina Boat and Motor.

got it in the shop now bypassing all that stuff.. thanks for all the replys

had that same pblm with a 120 hp. and turned out to abe a bad beeper.....the sensor is located in the oil tank....take it out and see if it is clear or stopped up.....if the motor smokes when you start up or at idle you are getting oil....to see if it is a bad sensor just disconnedt it and then start up....suggestion from a mechanic at the local boat repair shop.....