Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
b
Bill
Buggs Island Lake
A friend and I have planned a bass fishing trip to Buggs Island this weekend. Went once before last year and only caught two. Hope to do a little better this time. I have a map, but don't really know the lake. Any information on the bass fishing and a good place...
Views: 536   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 16, 2005 4:45pm
by Shad-Row
m
Mark
Bass Tournaments
Does anyone know of any open Bass tournaments coming up on Kerr.It doesn't seem like anyone knows how to list the open tournaments anymore on the upcoming tournaments page.Everyone only wants to post closed tournaments(which is stupid) or tournaments everywhere else.
Views: 698   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 16, 2005 1:04pm
by BRYANT
d
dan s
which gps unit to buy for kerr fishin.......
I'm ready to get serious about being able to mark brushpiles, etc i find other than making an x on my kerr lake map=-----which tend to disappear after a while due to the plastic coating on the map....anybody want to offer advise on which unit is good would be greatly...
Views: 751   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 16, 2005 12:22pm
by gottheblues
STRIPERS AND BIG CATZ
Are the stripers still in the river around MIlton or have they started their journey south to BUGGS ISLAND... Have the big cats started their journey north yet....just wanna know how they are doing. Thanks any info will be greatly appreciated... HAWG CHASeR!!!!
Views: 492   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 16, 2005 11:28am
by danny b
w
wrc
Clarksville bridge
Does anyone know the expected date for the new bridge to open to traffic?? It seems to be a well guarded secret.
Views: 682   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 16, 2005 10:20am
by Buzz
d
dave
no longer
i will no longer be guiding due to a new job,but i will still help anyone who needs it.
Views: 1390   Replies: 18
Last Post: May 16, 2005 6:15am
by dave
stantonview
caught 3 blues saturday eve near channel edge up to 10 lbs on shad most boats fishing the flats,sounds like brookneal is red hot with stripers im to chicken to take the boat up thier Ron
Views: 324   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 16, 2005 2:04am
by fishtales
new price 15 foot cnt console 2000 model
looking to sell boat. Rigged out for striper or crappie fishing. 2000 model center console logic. 15 feet long. 50 horse power mercury on it. Trolling bar lowrance 67 color screen depth finder. and a 20 gallon super bait tank (tank has oxygen intake and filtration sy...
Views: 225   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 15, 2005 10:58pm
by rodster
Gill Mites
My son caught a 11# striper and it has gill mites can you still eat these fish????
Views: 312   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 15, 2005 8:10pm
by Caprandy
Unusual catfish
Went night fishing at Hyco and caught a few fish one being six and half pound largemouth and a catfish like I have never seen before,it had six spines two on each side and two on top,the spines were right next to each other.One of the spines would be smooth shafted w...
Views: 611   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 15, 2005 8:24am
by justlearning
PARROT GRASS
I HAVE PARROT GRASS TAKEING OVER MY 3acr. POND, ANY IDEAS HOW TO GET RID OF IT , SHORT OF DRAINING THE POND.....
Views: 452   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 15, 2005 12:34am
by yleecoyotee
j
JOHN.G
BROOKNEAL STRIPERS
ANYBODY CATCHING ANY STRIPERS IN THE BROOKNEAL AREA OR THE RT. 360 BRIDGE YET ON THE STAUNTON RIVER?
Views: 1318   Replies: 26
Last Post: May 14, 2005 8:31pm
by JOHN.G
q
QBDAD
TURTLES
Im researching some facts for a piece Im working on (writer) and have some questions maybe some of you can help with: Ive been coming to the lake for many many years, and when I was a kid, snappin turtles as big as trashcan lids were easy to find. My Grandpa and I us...
Views: 918   Replies: 27
Last Post: May 13, 2005 8:13pm
by FISHDOC
bushes in 3 ft of water?
where are the best places to find bushes in 3 feet of water or more when the lake level is at normal- have a tourney next week and i need info soon- thanks
Views: 479   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 13, 2005 7:36pm
by crappie crossing
d
dave
Katnip
we fished from 23 to 24 today 8 lbs was the best,but there was shad on top of the water that we dipped up in the fish net 12 inchers.why were they like this never seen it be for.
Views: 460   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 13, 2005 2:53pm
by scubadug
15ft. center console 2000 model
looking to sell boat. Rigged out for striper or crappie fishing. 2000 model center console logic. 15 feet long. 50 horse power mercury on it. Trolling bar lowrance 67 color screen depth finder. and a 20 gallon super bait tank (tank has oxygen intake and filtration s...
Views: 285   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 13, 2005 10:09am
by rodster
Kerr Stripers
Has anyone been fishing for stripers in the lake? If so, where are you finding bait in the lake? are the stripers around bluestone to Clarksville yet?Are they all still in the rivers?Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Views: 611   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 12, 2005 6:15pm
by dale
o
Ott
Bass fishing
I coming down to Kerr from Ohio this Saturday for a week and would like to know how the bass fishing is. I going to be camping at North Bend Park. What kind of lures are the bass hitting and where. Also are they hitting top water bates. Thanks in advance
Views: 724   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 12, 2005 10:49am
by Ott
l
LarryW
Crappie in Nutbush
Went for a couple of hours after work last evening and ended up with 15 crappie about 3/4 lb each 1 bass about 4 lbs , 1 very nice white perch and 2 chain pickeral 1 20" and 1 28". All were caught on minnow and it less than 4" water on blowdowns. Water temp was about...
Views: 319   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 12, 2005 7:58am
by LarryW
k
Katnip
Catfish Report: Sunday May 8th
Drifted around buoy 15 on top of the lower half of Field's Island in the Junkman's area last night. Caught one 10 lber and no other bites. Fish was caught in 42 feet of water on a whole 7 inch fresh cut Gizzard Shad. Shad were caught in the back of Beaverpond Creek....
Views: 562   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 11, 2005 10:32am
by Katnip
bowfishing
Hey, Anybody spoting gar out there in recent days? Its been really hot and they should really be up, but with the water levels low, their locations are varied. Any help in location spottings are appreciated.
Views: 404   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 11, 2005 10:27am
by Katnip
Dan river stripers
Sorry for the delayed post. I had a New york trip scheduled so I've been out of the water for 5 days. Last weeks 17 was followed up with a friend of mine thursday caught 28. All around the 8 to 10 pound mark. However I did guide a trip Monday only to catch 2 an 8...
Views: 242   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 11, 2005 9:49am
by rodster
blues
Fished Dan river side of lake monday nite 8keepers 10 to15pd cpr'd 3over 20.
Views: 317   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 10, 2005 10:28pm
by catchaser
t
trap
Weldon fishing report
Fished Weldon today with small shad 4" or so and had very limited success. We ended up catching 22 stripers between 16 and 25 inches. We did get there a little late (9:30am) but biting was very sporatic. Did see an unusual catch today. A Flounder roughly 8 inchs l...
Views: 407   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 10, 2005 9:53pm
by KATMASTER JR
l
LarryW
Lake Gaston Stripers
Are the stripers in the river near the steel bridge now? I would like to know if anyone fishes for them in this section of river near the Kerr Lake Dam
Views: 269   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 10, 2005 7:56pm
by KATMASTER JR
b
BEAR
cats
what the cats biteing on kerr.
Views: 730   Replies: 12
Last Post: May 10, 2005 7:45pm
by KATMASTER JR
Lake Gaston Bass??
Going to Gaston this weekend, wondering if anyone has fished the lake in the last little while. Didn't know if the fish are on the beds or what was going on. Thanks
Views: 209   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 10, 2005 6:19pm
by VAbasser
Dan River Stripers
... Having a good year with the Stripers. Now that the water level is dropping, it will be even better for "bucktails", but will make the shad guys have a harder time. ... numbers caught in the last few trips - 24,4,20,12,8,11 - the last trip, all 11 were good fish....
Views: 727   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 10, 2005 4:42pm
by Cherokee Kid
Bojangles Tourn.
Anyone know what it took to win the tourn. out of Satterwhite sat.(5-07-05) ?
Views: 319   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 10, 2005 4:08pm
by ranger521
d
dave
crappie report
found some crappie in 29ft holding at 15ft tight in schools off of points,biggest was 1.9 water temps were 67.7 degrees,also caught some eater cats up to 8.6lbs on cut shad thanks to willy and nana for the shad.
Views: 724   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 10, 2005 3:29pm
by FISHDOC
t
Tim
question
has the white bass turned on yet?haven't had a chance to get out there,what about the cats?
Views: 434   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 10, 2005 10:12am
by dave
tournament last wed--bass
only had 2 keepers---had 1 4.97 lbs.-----top 3 had over 11.5 lbs.---top 2 had almost 15 lbs. each in 5 fish----all caught within eyesight of flemington ramp near satterwhite---1st place said they boated nearly 30 bass---
Views: 501   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 9, 2005 11:43pm
by bass-fishing
Whats the largemouth bass biting ?
Any News about where and what ? Has any one seeing any fish on the Beds?
Views: 565   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 9, 2005 9:57pm
by The GAME !
Roanoke River Striper Fishing
Striper fishing in the river is heating up. Several 40 to 60 fish days in the last two weeks. Thinking about doing a couple of guided trips if any one is interested. All is catch and release now. If interested please post including number or email address. Fish guara...
Views: 387   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 9, 2005 8:16pm
by KATMASTER JR
m
MikeR
get together ?
Ok I'm going to pose this question again this year. When the heck we going to get together and where? I'm talking about the loco locals of Kerr/Buggs..the contributors to this great site, the friends that ive met and the ones i've yet to meet, Dave, Steve, Joe from O...
Views: 559   Replies: 12
Last Post: May 9, 2005 2:12pm
by Tim
Dan River Stripers
There's tons of fish up. I'm having trouble answering replies to my previous posts - getting some errors. One guy needed navigational info - I'll gladly help you with that and any fishing tips you want. Call me at home from 5 to 7 PM ONLY!!! (work crazy hours so that...
Views: 204   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 9, 2005 12:13pm
by \"Dan River Yac...
New Bern Fishing?
I'm going to New Bern Mon. - Thurs. with work for a class, I'll have every night free, Is there any fishing to be done around that area? Hoping to wet a line while i'm down there. Thanks, Mike
Views: 419   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 9, 2005 9:25am
by BassCat
bushes in water
when the lake settles to normal pool are there any good areas where the bushes and wood are still flooded- and is the fishing still decent in those areas
Views: 322   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 9, 2005 9:16am
by bassattack
k
Katnip
Ya'll Gotta See This!
Check out the videos of the European Wels Catfish in the link below, especially #1 and #7. All I could say was Holy.....!! If your on a 56K modem you might be SOL, but I still think #7 would be worth the weight, I mean wait. Can you say "Major Pullage"!!! htt...
Views: 1485   Replies: 10
Last Post: May 9, 2005 9:06am
by bassattack
j
JAMES
LAKE GASTON
ANYONE HAVE ANY LARGE MOUTH BASS REPORTS FROM LAKE GASTON? WE WILL BE FISHING THERE THE NEXT TWO WEEK-ENDS GETTING READY FOR A TOUREMENT. ARE THERE ANY GOOD WEB SITES FOR THAT LAKE? I HAD RATHER BE ON KERR WHERE I COULD CATCH MORE FISH!!!! ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE HE...
Views: 777   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 9, 2005 8:57am
by Charles
whats biting
i would lke to find out what is are large mouths biting on this week 0f 5/08/05 thanks steve
Views: 430   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 8, 2005 11:42pm
by bass-fishing
b
Bryan
New Site
I am in the process of putting together a new site for those of us who love the sport of bass fishin'. Please check it out.. http://bassfighter.bravehost.com Thanks!!
Views: 431   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 8, 2005 4:07pm
by JAMES
p
philip
Hey rodster!
Am I talking to Rodney as in Russ Gobbles friend? This is philip, I was in the boat with Russ and my dad thursday fishing below milton.
Views: 186   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 8, 2005 3:36pm
by philip
Glad to be here!!
Hello everyone... Just got back into boating after a too long hiatus. Bought a new Fisher pontoon and have it docked at Satterwhite Point. People there MUCH nicer than Steele Creek. Everyone on the lake is very nice. If you see us on the lake, please stop by and s...
Views: 455   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 8, 2005 8:32am
by jofish
Dan River Stripers
Anyone fishing the Dan for Stripers would do well to work the banks. On Saturday I noticed a lot of folks sitting out 30 feet or more from the banks fishing the center part of the river (and not catching much if anything at all). I worked the banks and caught most of...
Views: 371   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 8, 2005 5:06am
by Dan River Yacht ...
Stripers
Any word on whats going on with the stripers on Gaston from the railroad trustel to the buggs dam ?
Views: 290   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 7, 2005 4:17pm
by bass_hunter
Message Board Archives
How long are the messages stored on this forum? I've found some really good fishing tips and info over the last year and a half. Just wondering if the info is stored anywhere in searchable format. Thanks in advance for any info.
Views: 410   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 7, 2005 4:13pm
by monsterbuck
lake level ?
just left my club meeting here in Jacksonville and was informed that they are drawing 6 inches a day(?) from the lake . i have a 2 day tourney next weekend and was wondering if this is true . any info on this matter would help me in my game plan . tight lines & BIG b...
Views: 577   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 7, 2005 6:40am
by bobby
m
Mcfish
bassfishing
I'm fishing a tournament next weekend in nutbush creek and would like to know any tips on where the fish are located(points or the bushes).Also if anyone knows what they have biting the best. All information would be greatly appreated.
Views: 714   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 7, 2005 12:45am
by Mcfish
water release
what times do they let water out at the ****
Views: 366   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 6, 2005 9:49pm
by dave
70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79
Free Forum powered by Bravenet