Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ya'll Gotta See This!

Check out the videos of the European Wels Catfish in the link below, especially #1 and #7. All I could say was Holy.....!! If your on a 56K modem you might be SOL, but I still think #7 would be worth the weight, I mean wait. Can you say "Major Pullage"!!!

http://xvella.free.fr/videos/

Re: Ya'll Gotta See This!

#7 really is awesome. You can hear the weeds and limbs cracking off the bushes and trees as the fish runs down the bank. Good find....

Well im ready to head to europe.....! lets go!

AWESOME!

what kinda rod was he using? it had alot of backbone

I recently read an article about the decline of the giant catfish of SE Asia. It seems that not too many years ago they routinely caught them up to 650 lbs. But the last few years there have been none caught. According to Ripley's the biggest was well over 800lbs. I don't remember where the article was but if you google "giant catfish" I think you will find it. Makes for interesting reading and I don't know whether to believe Ripley's or not.

I especially like #7...I'd like to know what kind of rod that is too. Thanks for the post Katnip.

Willy

I dunno about the rod in #7, but check out what kind of reel that Euro-Hawg Hunter is using.....a good old Penn made in the USA!!!!!

YEP, THAT IS AN INCREDIBLE ROD, AND 1 TRULY AWESOME CATFISH . HE DEFINITELY HAD " PULLAGE " !! ALSO, THAT WAS " THE MOST " IMPRESSIVE RELEASE I'VE EVER HEARD OF !!

Yes to bad they now make the Peen's in China

wow- are you kidding me- i live near the james and i know there are big cats in the river but i'm not sure about that big- they are humongous- i need to start cattin'