Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
crappie report

found some crappie in 29ft holding at 15ft tight in schools off of points,biggest was 1.9 water temps were 67.7 degrees,also caught some eater cats up to 8.6lbs on cut shad thanks to willy and nana for the shad.

Re: crappie report

Dave - We fished 8 bush piles, some more then once. Lower Butchers and Panhandle. We caught 38 with one keeper and that wasn't but 3/4lb. All fish came off of 2 piles. One 22' with the fish at 14'. The other 18' with the fish at 12'. Very, very slow and the fish were some of the smallest I have ever caught. Thank goodness it was still cool enought the skiers were not out there with the bass boys!!!! I think that were the most boats I have ever seen on Butchers except for the Bass Masters. We caught just as many after the noon hour as in the morning.

It was also slow for me only 3 fish were over a pound,biggest was right at a pound and a half.Fished shallow and deep.biggest fish came off of a jig in 12ft.

i caught mind in the clarksville area.i used a double rig set up with a hook on one and a plain jig on the other and trolled it with just a minnow.late afternoon was the best tme.

Dave, Just open my mail this morning. I'll give you a call tonight.

fished grassy cr. 5/7. had 10 over 1 lb. to 1.5 lb. 20 keepers(10 in. up). fished same area 5/8. had 8 over 1 lb. 30 keepers biggest 1 3/4 lb. black/blue/chart. kalin 5-10 ft. deep over brush in 10 to 20 ft.

Re: crappie report-FISHDOC

nice to hear someone foundem this weekend-----wtg doc.

I have never fished grassy except for within 1/2 mile of longwood boat ramp one afternoon last year---would love to go out with someone sometime and learn a little about that creek-

I know most people would not want to show there honey holes- but i've just about decided to heck with Buggs because of all the dinks i've caught last month--been about 6 times.

If youo ever wouldn't mind someone in back of your boat to learn a little about Grassy---i'd be forever grateful.....if not, i understand----just thought i'd ask. Any tips on how far from what dock would even be helpful......thanks, Dan S

my email should be available if u can offer any advise...........

I IDLE AROUND THE BANK IN 10 TO 20 FT. OF WATER WITH MY DEPTH FINDER ON AND A MARKER BOUY IN MY HAND. WHEN I MARK SOMETHING THAT LOOKS LIKE BRUSH I THROW THE MARKER IN IT. THEN GO BACK AND FISH AROUND IT WITH 1/16 TO 1/8 OZ. JIGS. BOTH HAIR AND PLASTIC. THEN PUT AN ICON ON IT ON MY GPS.