Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LAKE GASTON

ANYONE HAVE ANY LARGE MOUTH BASS REPORTS FROM LAKE GASTON? WE WILL BE FISHING THERE THE NEXT TWO WEEK-ENDS GETTING READY FOR A TOUREMENT. ARE THERE ANY GOOD WEB SITES FOR THAT LAKE? I HAD RATHER BE ON KERR WHERE I COULD CATCH MORE FISH!!!! ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE HELPFUL. THANKS!

Re: LAKE GASTON

Im no expert at gaston but i hear they are doing pretty good with senko and ring worms around docks in holly grove creek.sorry for the lack of info.good luck.

THANKS BASSIN DICKIE
I HAVE NEVER USED A RING TAIL WORM AT GASTON,BUT I WAS THINKING ABOUT HOW GOOD THE RING TAIL IS AT THE CHICK,JAMES,AND POTOMAC AND I THINK THE MOVING WATER PLAYS A BIG PART TO THAT.THE WAY THE WATER MOVES AT GASTON FOR THE LAST FEW YEARS--- IT COULD BE A GOOD BAIT TO USE. I'LL LET YOU KNOW,I'LL USE THEM THIS SAT. I STILL CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY THERES NO WEB SITE FOR GASTON LIKE THIS ONE HERE AT KERR.THIS IS A GREAT SITE. THANKS JAMES

FISHED FRI.&SAT. RING TAIL WORM DID WORK ON A FEW SMALL FISH. WATER WAS COLD (57-61)AIR WAS LIKE WINTER.TWO TX OUT OF POPLAR CR.HAD LIGHT BAGS. I WAS TOLD BASS WERE AT THE BEDS THR.,BUT I DID NOT SEE ANY FISH NEAR ANY OF THE BEDS FRI.OR SAT. I'M HOPEING THEY WILL BE BACK FOR OUR TX SUN.

Im sorry you didnt get the bigger bites james,I tried to help you,but that is what I was told.Gaston will always make you fish and think harder.A challenging place to fish,She can be stingy with her bass sometimes. later Dude.

i would not hesitate to throw top water------kerr lake chubs are being caught pretty good on them now---water temp at kerr a few days ago was 59-63 were we fished---good luck

I fished the BFL a couple of weeks ago up there, and I thought it was tough.

The water temperature was 59 degrees. I caught a few fish around docks with a floating worm, but the fish did not seem to be very agressive. I also caught one keeper on a spinnerbait in the back of a main lake cut.

My backseat man did manage to catch 5 (2 keepers). His came on a shaky head worm fished at the base of dock pilings. I saw a handful of beds, but no fish on them. I do know that some bed fishing was done, as my father was my guarenteed co-angler, and his boater fished beds all day (caught 7 keepers for 12 lbs).