Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
question

has the white bass turned on yet?haven't had a chance to get out there,what about the cats?

Re: question

They have indeed turned on at the Eno River which feeds Falls lake over in Durham at Pennys Bend. Was there yesterday afternoon and they started biting late around six and I had SOME FUN! I would think that Kerr would be the same since it aint that far away. I hear that they are much better in the early dawn to 9AM time though.I would guess they run up the Dan Staunton rivers to spawn just a matter of where to find em. Shallow crank in a black grey minnow look was working well for me, about 2 1/2 inch got bigger fish. Also white rooster tail and green curlie tail grub on a red head jig worked.

fishcrazy, there was at least a dozen cars/ trucks there this morning when I passed by on my way to work, I was wondering what was going on. I took a day off and went to the lower end of Falls yesterday afternoon and did pretty good with the crappies. I fished through 4 dozen minnows in a few hours and they were still biting when I left (20 keepers). I caught a few small cats and white bass but mostly crappie. You're welcome to go with me some time, you'd mentioned once before that you wouldn't mind getting off the bank and my wife would prefer I didn't go out by myself.

up river dan and staunton.white bass and cats.