This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Glad to be here!!

Hello everyone...

Just got back into boating after a too long hiatus. Bought a new Fisher pontoon and have it docked at Satterwhite Point. People there MUCH nicer than Steele Creek. Everyone on the lake is very nice. If you see us on the lake, please stop by and say hi.

Gonna be fishin tomorrow (5/8/05) and I'll let you know how it goes. New to NC fishing and boating...any tips on rules and regs. Don't want to get on the bad side of the law.

Have a wonderful summer everyone.

Re: Glad to be here!!

Just thought I would remind you that your throw cushion must be out/accessible not in a compartment, since you are just back into boating make sure the wrapper is off if new. One guy got an approx $100 fine even though it was out but had the wrapper on it. If you are using your old Life Perservers make sure they are in good condition. One guy was given a warning on his although they seem to be good condition, the manufacture labels could not be read, he was given a warning, next time he was out they checked him again, he had replaced the Life Perservers. Of course you have to have a Life Perserver for each person on board, make sure they fit. Being a new pontoon, there probably is a new fire extinguisher on board, just keep a check on it; the game wardens will always check it. Be sure to go as slow as possible through no wake zones. Of course if throwing a cast net any game fish caught in the net has to be released.

Re: Glad to be here!!

Welcome back! Not sure what size pontoon you bought but make sure you have the flares/distress signals for the size vessel you have and remember to replace them every three years. I like to keep a basic tool kit,first aid kit and a boat flashlight with spare batteries on my boat. Also not a bad idea to have two rigged anchors ,I think only one is required but it's not hard to lose one. If you fish practice catch & release so we all can watch the grandkids make "the face" when they hook a big one!