Start a New Topic 
68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
LAKE CONDITION
ANYBODY KNOW IF ITS GOTTEN MUDDY SINCE ALL THE HARD RAIN??? WE GOT 4 INCH. IN DANVILLE THE DAN IS OUT OF THE BANKS OVER HERE AND MUDDY.THINKIN ABOUT COMING DOWN TO SAT.
Views: 915   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 12, 2005 3:38am
by HAWG HUNTER
t
tr-21
striper reports
any news on movement of stripers, i havent been up in a week, they were by the dam.
Views: 618   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 11, 2005 6:17pm
by Katmaster Jr.
l
LarryW
Schooling Stripers
Can you spot these on a regular fishfinder not a flasher? What will I be looking for on the screen and what general areas. Trestle, Henderson Pt or Hibernia?
Views: 1795   Replies: 17
Last Post: Jul 11, 2005 6:15pm
by Katmaster Jr.
cut bait
hi everyone, what is the best cutbait to use per seasons...summer,fall,winter,spring..besides live bait for blues or flatheads..? see ya on the 2nd for the fireworks..please be safe out there is going to be a lot of idiots out there who left their brains at home..
Views: 704   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 11, 2005 6:10pm
by Katmaster Jr.
b
bigjon
Weekend info!
Hey everybody, I just wanted to give ya'll my weekend update. We stayed in a cabin at staunton river state park. We fished off the far point of the island. Smaller shad(3"-5") were easily gotten on Friday but had to break out the ultralite on Sat.for some bream and c...
Views: 475   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 11, 2005 6:05pm
by Katmaster Jr.
s
STEVE
CRAPPIE
HELLO ALL,HAVEN'T BEEN ON IN AWHILE,BEEN BUSY WORKING FISHING,ETC.FISHED FRIDAY AND SATURDAY AND HAD 41 GOOD KEEPERS,BIGGEST WAS 15 1/2 INCHES 1LB 13 OZ.ALL KEEPER FISH WERE BETWEEN 3/4 TO 1 1/2.FISH WERE CAUGHT TROLLING EDGES OF FLATS WITH STUMPS ON THE DROP 14 TO 2...
Views: 548   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 11, 2005 3:14am
by STEVE
Stripers
I put up the catfish rods today and fished for stripers.Hooked up 2 keepers at 30ft.on downriggers near the number 2 marker at the dam.
Views: 442   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 10, 2005 11:35pm
by Catchaser
j
JRS
CATFISHIN WITH DAVE
WELL WE WENT SATURDAY EVENING UNTIL ABOUT 10.PM WOULD HAVE STAYED LONGER BUT DAVE HAD TO WORK ANYWAY THATS HIS EXCUSE. STARTED OUT BY CASTING FOR SHAD IN ONE OF HIS WEGOTTEM COVES. AFTER THROWING THE NET 50-60 TIMES HE FINNALY ADMITTED MAYBE THERE ARE NO SHAD IN THIS...
Views: 570   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 10, 2005 9:47pm
by Katmaster Jr.
q
Quint
baby flathead
I saw a baby flathead 8in long today, Swimming on the top of the water then noticed a fish was lodged in its throat. I scooped the fish up in the bait net noticed the fish was in bad shape tried to dislodge the fish from its throat but was unable to save the flathe...
Views: 421   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 9, 2005 7:59pm
by Katmaster Jr.
Postings
Changes have been made when posting. Users will now have to type in the characters in the image to verify that users are actually making posts. If you do not like what a user has posted, please disregard the post and email fishing@kerrlake.com with your comments....
Views: 1072   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jul 9, 2005 1:14pm
by Katmaster Jr.
Night Time Boating Safety
For years We have been fishing the great Kerr Lake at night for trophy fish on catch and release. Fishing at night, on a boat at kerr lake in Virginia, produce some special challenges to all fishermen. At Night, not only is your depth perception lessened, bri...
Views: 897   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 9, 2005 1:05pm
by Katmaster Jr.
p
patman
Back to NORMAL
Just wanted to say that I'm glad to see this site back to normal. Have'nt been on it since it turned into WWF. Glad to see "fishing stuff" again. I've learned alot from most of the guys on here. ENJOY reading fishing reports and posting some myself every now and the...
Views: 722   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 9, 2005 10:14am
by Katmaster Jr.
Eagle claw rods for sale
Two, brand new eagle claw 7ft casting rods, rated to two ounces. Yellow with blue wraps. $40 for both Two older eagle claw rods, same size and ratings. $12 for both $50 for all e-mail me at CatsNstripers@aol.com Or my cell is 540-580-3487 Travis cats...
Views: 394   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 9, 2005 10:08am
by Katmaster Jr.
Hunters for the Hungry " Catfish Tournament" TONIGHT!!!
Hey guys! Don't forget the tourney tonight. It's at the Staunton View boat ramp and they are using the Showdown rules ane times. Hope to see all the guys there!! 5pm - MIDNIGHT
Views: 252   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 9, 2005 8:50am
by mobydick
Humminbird 987c
Has any one tried one of these out yet? The side finding looks Great but the price is awful high. I dont wont to drop 1800.00 on somthing thats not that good . Thanks THE GAME
Views: 295   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 8, 2005 11:07pm
by The Game
HEY DAVE
What's Butchers look like?
Views: 257   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 8, 2005 10:46pm
by keepitsimple
j
JD
Boat Buddy?
Have any of you used this thing and if so, how do you like it. Would you recommend it? Advantages/disadvantages? http://www.kodiaktrailer.com/redswish/boat_buddy.htm
Views: 589   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 8, 2005 9:54pm
by JD
QUICK RESPONSE
Plan on catfishing up river tonite (staunton).River is up also about2-3 feet. Know where a big creek feeds in, also know where a big bend in the river is with a huge eddy pool with main channel on other side of river was hoping may be water would still be not as swif...
Views: 218   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 8, 2005 6:15pm
by Clicker
j
JRS
HEY DAVE AND MIKER
STEVE AND I ARE FISHING SATURDAY EVENING AND INTO THE NIGHT WANNA COME ALONG?? [919]946-1595 MY BOAT AT THE MARINA 5-5.30
Views: 247   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 8, 2005 4:42pm
by dave
t
Tim
enjoy
Thank the lord for the rain! not getting alot of rain in Oxford though but it looks like Island Creek is getting a good soaker!
Views: 380   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 8, 2005 4:16pm
by FISHDOC
River
Went fishing the river around the park sat and sunday night. Only caught 1 small one. Anyone know the deal on the cats and their location?
Views: 630   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 8, 2005 4:27am
by Clicker
Yellow perch?
I heard yellow perch where excellent table fare, Anyone know where i can catch some and what they may be hitting this time of year , thanks, Mike
Views: 547   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jul 7, 2005 8:22pm
by FISHDOC
white bass
Anybody catching any whites in the the clarksville area?? if so how and on what??
Views: 632   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 7, 2005 1:26pm
by fishdoc
s
steve
license ?
does va. sell a one or three day non resident fishing license
Views: 327   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 7, 2005 4:39am
by Inboard
Night Bass Fishing?
What does the Big Buggs Bass like ?
Views: 300   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 6, 2005 11:52pm
by The Game
g
Gman
Fishing Question
Do Indians really not need fishing licenses?
Views: 574   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 6, 2005 9:31pm
by Quint
LDUBU
GOT A COPY ??
Views: 339   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 6, 2005 10:09am
by HAWG HUNTER
disapointed
MY, MY, you boys sure have become a tight lipped bunch, diffenently not the same group of sportsman who offered up helpful tips last year, You know its funny I'm starting to find that on our own sml message boards our local guys are becoming the same way, Its sad we...
Views: 978   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 6, 2005 10:06am
by Ray
History being made?
One of our members (Cane Pole) at Crappie.com was challenged to make a robot boat that would go out, catch a fish, and return. Well, he has done it and a fantastic job too. You have got to see this thing to believe it. Just do an advanced search on "Cane Pole" and lo...
Views: 1172   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 5, 2005 8:13pm
by IBNFSHN
hey patman
can u get on the other site.i hope it didnt crash!
Views: 384   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 5, 2005 7:14pm
by patman
j
jofish
Question about flatheads?
Some recent posts have me curious about flatheads, all I've ever caught were blues and channels. Seems like the prefered bait are blugill? Will they hit on shad? What kind of rig is recomended? Do they fight as hard as the blues do? Will be up next week figured I mig...
Views: 318   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 5, 2005 7:04pm
by jofish
r
Randy
BIG FISH!!
BANGKOK, Thailand - This big one did not get away. Thai fishermen netted a 646-pound catfish believed to have been the world's largest freshwater fish ever caught in Thailand, a researcher said Thursday. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050630/ap_on_fe_st/thailand_big_fish
Views: 1077   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 5, 2005 2:42pm
by gottheblues
Anyone fishing ????
Have`nt read much about anyone doing any good fishing. What`s going on? Summer heat can`nt be that bad. Would like to see the lake level be up though. Coming down tomorrow for a week. With the cloud cover in the morning the topwater action for bass ought to be decent...
Views: 368   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 5, 2005 2:20pm
by Ray
Bait Fish-shad
Several folks have posted about preserving the baitfish and not throwing a cast net. It seems to me Kerr is loaded with shad. But the question is..... North Carolina permits you to buy shad but in Virginia it's illegal???? I have asked numerous people this question...
Views: 1043   Replies: 30
Last Post: Jul 5, 2005 2:15pm
by Rivarat
j
jake
NO WAKE
hey guys is the no wake zone still at new bridge? or not i go slow but no one else does
Views: 466   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 5, 2005 10:44am
by jake
t
Tim
motor
I know where there's a 140 (ithink) Suzuki outboard that a guy took off cause it throwed a rod should be good for parts probably could get it pretty cheap.
Views: 249   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 5, 2005 6:29am
by Tim
j
junior
flatheads&freelines
I HAVE TWO QUSTIONS FOR THE CATMEN OUT THERE LIKE KATNIP & K.M.J. FIRST ID LIKE TO SAY EVERY POST YAW MAKE I READ & I JUST WANTED TO SAY THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP YAW OFFER&SOME MORE HERE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED O.K.FIRST QUESTION SEVERAL GUYS HAS TOLD ME TO PULL...
Views: 293   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 5, 2005 12:26am
by Quint
s
steve
white bass fishing
I see in the fishing reports that Bluestone and Gravel Hill are good spots to catch some white bass..can some of you guys give me some pointers on the best techniques and lures..and as well how they look on a hummingbird 300 fishfinder. Thanks
Views: 269   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 4, 2005 11:05pm
by dave
b
bigjon
hey keepitsimple
It was nice to meet you. We ended up only catching three. All were caught within a couple hundred yards of where you saw us. Largest was 12 lb. blue. Thanks for the advice. I'm lookin forward to hitting some tournaments soon.
Views: 188   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 4, 2005 9:07pm
by keepitsimple
h
hl
water color
Can anyone tell me the color of the water around aarons and hyco as of the 4th? thanks, hl
Views: 179   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 4, 2005 8:19pm
by hl
white perch
Didn't do to good with the perch, but murdered the crappie. Caught some perch at hibernia but they were small. chuck
Views: 286   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 2, 2005 11:02pm
by javelin389tpro
Keeping Stripers
Is there a size slot for keeping them? I'll be up fishing over the weekend, and need to keep one for a friend who's started doing taxedermy. I don't want a ticket for a fish that I'm not even going to eat.
Views: 489   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 2, 2005 5:27pm
by patman
Hawgin Fri am?
I'm heading to the lake early fri. am, to go Hawg Huntin, hopefully get to see a few, anyone been having luck finding shad? Found plenty 2 weeks ago, but things change, also, how is the water looking?, I'm hoping that the rain isn't going to mess it up to much, I'll...
Views: 637   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 2, 2005 11:44am
by Quint
White perch
Going to take my daughter to Kerr in the morning hoping to cacth a mess of white perch. Looking some help in where to find them. Thanks Chuck Murray
Views: 322   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 1, 2005 6:39pm
by javelin389tpro
Shad around the Nutbush area
Has anyone seen any shad flipping around the coves near the Nutbush area? I know there's usually some to be caught at Nutbush bridge, but I was oping to be able to get on the bait early in the morning. Any help is much appreciated...
Views: 278   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 1, 2005 4:22pm
by Ray
great site!
Hey, guy here is a great site that let's you send a message to our troops, it only take a few seconds, remimber they are the ones doing the hard work so we can fish! happy forth of july and god bless! www.americasupportsyou.mil
Views: 244   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 1, 2005 3:28pm
by Catfisherx
Refund on gas tax
http://www.boatus.com/gov/state_taxrefund.htm I think this is still current practice for VA and NC.
Views: 457   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 1, 2005 12:49pm
by BRYANT
how are the cats biteing
how are the blues biteing around the dam thanking about going this week
Views: 752   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 30, 2005 6:14pm
by Katmaster Jr.
striper / catfish
i am going to kerr next week, i will be at north bend camp ground.i would like to know if thier are any striper in that area and how good is the cat fishing their? never fished kerr. ( i have fished the dan river with (little)-red moore thanks for any info kenny
Views: 556   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 30, 2005 3:37pm
by JAKE
guide
fished friday and sat. night for cats with no luck. Anyone know a guide that can put me on to some cats. Thanks.
Views: 721   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 30, 2005 1:00pm
by lakeside hands
68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77
Free Forum powered by Bravenet