Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
disapointed

MY, MY, you boys sure have become a tight lipped bunch, diffenently not the same group of sportsman who offered up helpful tips last year, You know its funny I'm starting to find that on our own sml message boards our local guys are becoming the same way, Its sad we all want to call I selves sportsman, and a sportsman to me is an honorable title, It mean your values are centered in, nature, family, and god. When I was young fishing with my grandfather if we caught a limit of crappie he go out of his way to tell guys in another boat were they were bittin. He would take just about anybody who wanted to go hunting and fishing anytime he could. Now people shoot each other over tree stands. And commerice, does anyone understand how that works, the amount of moeny that comes out of mine and my wife,s fishing lic. fees, to stock the fish in kerr lake is the same amount that comes out of yours, then of course there's the fact that my family has been coming down there twice a year for the last 20 years, we buy gas, food, camping surplies, and of course camp in the Army C. campgrounds (proceeds going to take care of the lake) and all adding moeny to your community. All that being said, I just want to come down fish-n-have fun with my family, which I will do, And I will find some big blues to tangle with (just might take me a little longer to find them and the bait) and I will turn back all of YOUR fish because catch and release means everyone has an oppourtunity to enjoy VA great places. If I new more about kerr I would give advice to everyone myself, I do know sml and santee cooper very well and if any one would like advice or tips, please just ask, I would be glad to help, thats how I was rasied. Can't wait to come back and post all my pic's on your board for you all to enjoy. Thanks Kevin

Re: disapointed

might want to try drifting around bouy 16&17.should be a few fish in that area.

Thanks, I just can't wait to get on vaction, 1 week to go, Its been a long year! When I come home I will be sure to post my luck if any. have a nice forth, and surport our troops.

you've got mail...

i don`t know about the others but myself i work like hell all week and don`t get to fish like i use to,but you can catch crappie at the bridge in clarksville and blues from the tressel to bouy 24 on the dan side using shad and drifting,you can catch stripers in front of the dam from bouy 1 to 4 using white and charts buck tails trolling,you can catch all the white perch you want at eaglepoint off of points with shrimp and you also can catch white bass off of the long point between bouy 22 and 23 on the dan side trolling small crank baits in the morrning and late afternoon and how do i know this,the two days i have off me and my son fish all day thats how.hope this helps.oh for the blues its early morring and late afternoon in 21 to 25ft deep on cut shad.

dave your in a class all by your self. Great tips. Have'nt been on in awhile. Thanks.

Dave, thanks for all of the advice, (I am only 7 days away now) and can hardly stand it, I am a salary project manger, and its been a long long winter, I got more jet lag than a fighter pilot, can't wait to catch some fish, and have some fun. Thanks again and tight lines

Kevin

Re:LDUBU

HEY LDUBU YOU CATCHIN ANY????

I guess the fact that there are 1000's more boats out here than when you were a kid and every bit of information you can have on a subject is just a click away kind of makes folks more tight-lipped.
Generally if you ask folks at the ramp or the country stores you will get more detailed information. Use that high-tech gear and find a new, overlooked spot. Even the pros had to put in some sweat to get their information.
The problem with giving out too much in a public forum like this is that you will have a hard time fighting the crowd that suddenly appears at your honey-hole. I've hooked fish trolling and by the time I've turned around to make another pass there's no room to fit another boat.
Most fishermen have paid there dues on the water and expect you to put in the time also. If everyone relies on the same information then nobody's out there finding the new spots.

Great point, thats why I left my email address, Listen, I Apologize to everyone, I just got frustrated that day. Thanks to everyone for all the great advise. good fishing, I do have a brand spanking new hummingbird 565 to try out maybe it will give me an little edge. If anyone out there has this model I would love to here about it have got to use it yet but its got to be better than the eagal 128 I had.
Thanks
Kevin

I agree with Jaybee...sometimes you have to make your own music.