day, let's NOT forget about boating safety at
night and day. Respect others by using the proper
lighting, honor the no wake buoy’s, and basically
watch out for each other.

ShadHawg:

Re: Night Time Boating Safety

your right about that lets all be safe on the water

THE WORD IS WATCH OUT FOR THE OTHER PERSON! I WENT FISHING WITH A FRIEND OF MINE THIS WEEK WHO IS NOTHING BUT A WATER SKIING BOATER. WE TOOK HIS BOAT WENT TO FALLS LAKE THE WIND WAS BLOWING SLIGHTLY AND WE ANCHORED TO CATCH CRAPPIE HE TOSSES THE ANCHOR OFF THE DOWNWIND SIDE OF HIS BOAT TO HOLD US NEXT TO THE BRUSH-DUH! OF COURSE WE DRIFTED AWAY, HE WANTED TO RUN THE LAKE AT 30+ MPH TO LOOK FOR BRUSH PILES AND STRUCTURE FORGOT HIS LIFE VEST ALSO I FIND OUT WHILE WE WERE ON THE WATER. I SAID I NEED TO GO AS THE GOLDFISH OR SOMETHING NEED FOOD. ANYWAY JUST AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT TYPE OF WEEKEND BOATERS WE HAVE TO BEWARE OF, NO COMMON SENSE JUST RUN THE BOAT UP AND DOWN THE LAKE WIDE OPEN WHO CARES IF I CAUSE A WAKE AND ROCK YOU OUT OF YOUR BOAT, DOESN'T EVEN HAVE ENOUGH BOATING KNOWLEDGE TO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. I SEE IT HERE AT THE LAKE AND AT THE OCEAN LARGE NICE BOATS AGROUND BECAUSE THEY CAN'T FOLLOW THE CHANNEL MARKERS! WE JUST NEED TO WATCH OUT FOR THESE BOATERS AND STAY AWAY FROM THEM AS THEY ARE NOTHING BUT TROUBLE LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO HAPPEN! THEY ARE OUT THERE SO BE ALERT FOR YOUR OWN SAFTY!

Never fails, you just geta couple of interesting "taps" on your line, your waiting patiently for the pick up and some yahoo flys by doing 50 mph fifty feet from you , time you stop bouncing and cussin the fish is gone. Have never been able to understand why some boaters insist on passing so close when the lake is so huge???? I gues they have never thought about steering failure , structure you are fishing around etc. We should all practice the famous rule (do unto..)big time while boating it would make for a safer lake

Thats why I fish at night no sea doos and most guys out there at night are well adapted to night fishing and very responsible men and women,nothing like a smooth lake quite night of fishing after the dew knocks most of the bugs down!

What the cap said...jfo

Is a spot lights on your front light legal?

I usually don't get over idle speed to keep from disturbing fish, fishermen, campers, etc. The fish don't appreciate all that commotion, that's why they're doing their thing in the middle of the night.

yes the lights are illegal, but I think they don't passout tickets where you really need the lights.I run lights whenever needed(but not to blind others) because it is worth paying the ticket and staying alive or afloat.

yeah i was at eaton ferry bridge, gaston lake one day a month or two ago and witnesed, a boat wreck, one boat flew up in the air and the people flew out of it, and this was in the day time !!!
at least they did have thier life vest on.
i think they should put a no wake zone or something on that bridge, people go way........ to fast around there.

good luck