Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anyone fishing ????

Have`nt read much about anyone doing any good fishing. What`s going on? Summer heat can`nt be that bad. Would like to see the lake level be up though. Coming down tomorrow for a week. With the cloud cover in the morning the topwater action for bass ought to be decent. Probably try the bridge pilings also for crappies. May have to stay up late and work the flats at night. When I return I`ll give a report on what happened. Not overly encouraged though by the lack of postings. Hope everyone had a safe holiday.

Re: Anyone fishing ????

you are going to find a lot of small crappie at the bridge,but if you back off some you should find some decent ones.also jigging a hopkins on the side of points and ledges should work good as will.

Hey Dave, good to hear from you. Thanks for the info. No doubt about the small crappies. Usually enough to keep you busy. I suppose you`re talking about crappies with the Hopkins? There`s a deep spot in Grassy I hear about once in awhile. I`m sure you are aware of it. Tried to get FISHON and his dad to come down but they will be busy. They had a real good Spring if you remember. First priority will be bass in the morn. for a couple of days.

if you are going to stay at one of the campgrounds let me know and i will drop by.email the campground and site #.

fishing yes, catching no, but I remain optimistic