Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fishing Question

Do Indians really not need fishing licenses?

Re: Fishing Question

I thought you quit fishing after you got lost with kidnap? In NC a native must have license unless fishing in home county with natural bait or on the 4th of July being free fishing day for all. Do not know about VA?

C one for old time sake,
Quint

I think on the Cherokee Indian Res. they can fish the stocked trout waters for free but they still have to get a tribal council permit and abide by the same rules and regs as everybody else. It's $4 a day for 10 fish and no size limits. I don't know about off the Res. Not a bad deal if you want a cool summer vacation spot where you can take in some sights and do some fishing. They used to stock Raven Fork every friday a.m., occassionally they'd put in several monster rainbows or browns to keep things lively but the average is 12" to 14". With polarized sunglasses you can spot and stalk...wouldn't it be nice if the water was so clear you could see where the stripers are?

No, I did'nt quit fishing at all. I've been fishing since I was four or five and now when I can't make it with my boat to a big lake, I'll sit on the bank of a pond or river and pass the time. I sit a lot more now because of gas prices. I know I'm not the only one hurting on that.

I did quit posting on here however. I kinda got run off by some personal attacks aimed at me, often by people I never even met. In all fairness, they were probably due to a boneheaded decision on my part. To my credit the bad decision was due to a genuine concern for another person.

Happy fishing and watch out for the pumkins

Better yet dont go to sleep to later wake up cold. Then decide to get your jacket out of your backpack. That will wake them up. As they say just a good rib.

good luck,
Quint