Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CATFISHIN WITH DAVE

WELL WE WENT SATURDAY EVENING UNTIL ABOUT 10.PM WOULD HAVE STAYED LONGER BUT DAVE HAD TO WORK ANYWAY THATS HIS EXCUSE. STARTED OUT BY CASTING FOR SHAD IN ONE OF HIS WEGOTTEM COVES. AFTER THROWING THE NET 50-60 TIMES HE FINNALY ADMITTED MAYBE THERE ARE NO SHAD IN THIS COVE. I WENT TO THE PIPELINE AND BINGO WE HAD SHAD IN 10-15 MINS. THEN WE DRIFTED HIS COVE OUT INTO THE LAKE SURE WAS A NICE BOAT RIDE, NOTHING TO BOTHER YOU JUST LOOK AT THE WATER, THE OTHER BOATS GOING IN FOR THE DAY AND THE SUNSET WAS NICE. AFTER DRIFTING THRO THERE TWICE MAYBE THREE TIMES WE MOVED TO A PLACE I WANTED TO GO RIGHT OFF THE BAT OR ROD WE HAD A STRIKE WELL DAVE AND HIS SON BRANDON,WHO IS A VERY NICE YOUNG MAN, HAD CHANGED TO CIRCLE HOOKS SO AFTER DAVE RARED BACK AND DID THE CROSSESHISEYES HOOKSET NO HOOKUP. YOU DON'T JERK CIRCLE HOOKS, OL WELL AFTER MISSING ABOUT 8-10 FISH I SAID HERE USE MY 7/0 LONG SHANK HOOKS. NOW THINGS IMPROVED DAVE LANDED A 3/4 POUND CAT WHICH IS STILL SWIMMING THANKS TO ME TALKING HIM INTO RELEASING IT! I HAD A REAL NICE CAT HOOKED AND GOT IT UP TO THE BOAT DAVE WAS GONNA HELP ME,OR THATS WHAT HE SAID, NOW THIS WAS A NICE FISH TOOK DRAG RIGHT OFF THE BAT FOUGHT HARD AND WELL AFTER ABOUT TEN MINUTES AS I SAID IT WAS AT THE BOAT DAVE HAS THE NET BUT GRAPPED MY LINE AND POOF THE FISH "BROKE OFF". WELL I WAS USING 40 POUND ANDE PINK LINE AND I NOTICED DAVE HAD A KNIFE HANDY NOT TO THROW SUSPISION ON DAVE BUT JEALOUS? HIS 3/4 LB FISH VERSES MY 25-30 POUND FISH, MAKES YOU WONDER. STEVE GOT ONE KEEPER AND BRANDON ONE ALSO. WE HAD A BLAST BUT NOW I KNOW WHY DAVE WAS A CRAPPIE GUIDE. DAVE WE REALLY ENJOYED IT LETS GO AGAIN.(LEAVE THE KNIFE AT HOME)

Re: CATFISHIN WITH DAVE

Dave, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you currently have a 50+ & 60+ lb Flathead? You must be using that 'fake em out' tactic I showed you?

Willy

Willy is that why we have to always fish my holes? Not fishing your holes part of that tactic? Change your tactics it may change your luck!

C rod C,
Quint

That's strange when I fished with Willy ....he would only fish his holes......didn't fish mine at all...lol
Oh that's right I didn't have any holes....I was just learning...........lol

Quint, How bout the 'fake em out' boat trouble tactic you used on me Fri night, that one got us set up for an all nighter wasn't that Jerry's hole we were fishing? At least it wasn't a costly fix, and managed to avoid the skunk. And like you always say...If your lucky enough to be fishing, your lucky enough.

Willy

Oh Me....Willy let the cat out of the bag....let's see my hole....a 24 lber....that will be a $1 per lb guys....each...pay me now....lol

Justlearning thats better known as the fish new hole tactic . We may have been or may not have been in your hole. But a dollar a pound would not be enough to cover the expence to set you up there. Willy feel like the boat trouble deal was a good way to get out of a decent greaseing on your part.

good luck keeping them pole cats run off
Quint

it was nice to fish with an old timer for a change.my cove didn`t paid off as i was hoping but then again justlearning caught all the shad out of the cove,and billy caught all the fish.now jrs had a good hole to fish if you wanted to keep some cats to eat,he had a big one but he forgot to let the pole down so i could take is bobber off,so i thought i would release the old cat for him the easy way you got to do cpr.as for the circle hooks you can have them darn things i hate them.and yes willy i have a 61lber under my belt.i`m just waiting to go with you catfishing so i can learn how to catch that 93lber.

Dave , I told you those circle hooks were junk, stop at Hughes and get the good stuff, not like it's out of your way. One more thing, I found 10 - 12 inch shad WAYYYYYYYYY in the back of that cove in 4-5 foot of water. Not many but all good stuff.

yall aint right.

good luck