Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
w
Wanda
Moving to New Board
Starting on Sunday (8/12/07) will be moving to the New Fishing Message Board. If you are still having problems posting message, please send email to fishing@kerrlake.com .
Views: 1794   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 12, 2007 7:27am
by Glenn Christie
w
Wanda
Press Release Corps of Engineers - Recreation Sites for Closure
Press Release from Corps of Engineers - Corps Slates Selected Recreation Sites for Closure.
Views: 2005   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 11, 2007 9:55am
by 2 bears
w
Wanda
New Message Board
Our new message board is ready for testing. On this new message board you will need to register. An email will be sent to the email address you enter to validate your registration. NOTE: There is a possibility that your spam filter might block this email, so be sure...
Views: 4530   Replies: 60
Last Post: Aug 6, 2007 3:07pm
by Wanda
Saturday trolling report - catfish galore
Dang what a difference a day makes! About 101 Friday and started off with only 81 and extremely overcast today - and the fish must have liked it. We caught over 30 catfish - ranged from 2 pounds to just over 15 pounds (7.5 to 8 pound average) 6 stripers 3 or 4 large...
Views: 1190   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 12, 2007 10:18am
by Glenn Christie
Cat Report
I got skunked on the lake yesterday. I only caught a couple real small cats but the *****cats were biting. I saw a fellar in his boat with a chick that must have been about 25. She had those big fake boobies and no top on. The lake has sure changed over the years. Sm...
Views: 822   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 12, 2007 10:17am
by Glenn Christie
where to fish for the bigger cats??
Going to bugs Sunday, anyone have any info on catching some of the bigger cats? Went last sunday and fished around the bridges and caught alot of smaller fish. Any info would be great.
Views: 1624   Replies: 14
Last Post: Aug 12, 2007 9:26am
by Glenn C & Wanda ...
Snakes
Here's a question for all you regulars - this past weekend, I moved the dock out (we're near the tobacco patch) and stirred up a snake. This is the first I've seen in 3-4 years. It was about 2-3 feet long and probably about as big around as a nickel or quarter. Me...
Views: 4122   Replies: 20
Last Post: Aug 12, 2007 7:34am
by BuschBoat1
b
Bo
motor question
This evening we were fishing when my partner said the gear shift (merc 75) was real stiff. I went back to check on it and besides being stiff to shift I had hardly any power. I had such little power I had to drop the winch stand level with the trailer to get it far...
Views: 679   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 12, 2007 5:22am
by Budman
t
tony
dropshotting
does dropshot work down and buggs im comming up for a week and wanted to try it. How do u move it and what bait do u put on it
Views: 819   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 11, 2007 11:28pm
by tony
s
SeaCat
Catching?
I am coming up to Longwood,Clarksville area Thursday and was wondering if anyone is fishing or catching any Stripers/Catfish from GrassyCreek to Clarksville bridges? Been reading post and really have not seen any reports about them. I could move around the lake if I...
Views: 822   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 11, 2007 7:18pm
by 1bigblue
archiving
Hello one and all, When it was posted that the old forum was coming to an end, many of you expressed your concerns on the loss of the information that has been posted over the years. Yes, we agree with you that it would be a great loss for everyone. Wanda has...
Views: 547   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 11, 2007 5:53pm
by majorcatfish
s
SeaCat
Island
Is the Big Island right across from the dam going down toward Henderson Point? I am not to familiar with the dam area.
Views: 626   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 11, 2007 5:15pm
by SeaCat
m
mikeb
Hico Lake
Hi, Have a question for the folks that fish Hico Lake. How is this fishing in the fall and early winter? I have fished in the spring and had good results,but I wondered about the fall.Mainly fish for Crappie.. Thanks in advance for any replys.......mikeb
Views: 894   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 11, 2007 2:53pm
by fishdoc
cats in catpoint creek
Think cat point runs into the rapp. Anybody ever fished there? Going in a couple of weeks and would like to know anything about it you'll would be willing to share. Thanks. wdbrand.
Views: 569   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 11, 2007 2:22pm
by W.D. BRAND
stripers
I was lucky enough to get to fish Monday - Thursday.Monday I road all day looking for fish (deep)marked very few fish no schools.Tuesday I decided to fish for Large Mouth Bass.To my surprise I found the Stripers where I Thought the Bass would be 15 to 25 ft deep.Due...
Views: 873   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 11, 2007 9:50am
by 2 bears
Pest or food?
Caught a lot of white perch at Lake Townshend in Greensboro last week. Guy at the marina told us they were considered trash and they wanted them out of the lake. Caught some on Gaston a couple of days ago. How are these fish thought of in general? thanx, WL
Views: 1140   Replies: 9
Last Post: Aug 10, 2007 8:56pm
by Bo
Engine heating up at idle?
When i am setting still with my engine(06-175 opti)at idle, the temp climbs. I first knew of this when the warning sounded(shut down engine right away). If i put engine in gear and run slowly it wants to start to heat up. When i start to run at normal to fast speed(...
Views: 768   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 10, 2007 7:44pm
by Bassnva123
Bucktail with spoon
I see the post about the spoons and r/t's. I am assuming this is a heavier spoon used to pull the r/t down. Has any one tried and had any sucess with using a heavier bucktail like a 2oz on a 3 way swivel with a clark type spoon? My son wants to try some trolling he j...
Views: 879   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 10, 2007 6:26pm
by fishdoc
j
JRS
FREE BEER & DANCING GIRLS @ THE CARP TOURNEY!!!
Ok I got your attention of course no free beer or dancing girls however there will be a min of $250.00 for the largest carp, no joke Grumpy has put that much in. Here is what he and I discussed $20.00 entry fee with 90% payout the other 10% will be given to BIBT for...
Views: 823   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 10, 2007 6:12pm
by MOFISH
q
Quint
blue cat bugs
Caught a nice blue the other day with bugs crawling under the slime coat. Have heard other reports of this but the 1st I've seen. Have not heard what they are and if it's something that will damage our fish? Any knowledge would be appreciated thanks.
Views: 725   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 10, 2007 5:39pm
by Caprandy
c
Chris
Lake Newbie Needs Tips...near Satterwhite Point and Nutbush Bridge
Can anyone ive me some tips for fishing in these areas ? I am planning on doing some camping at these spots. Do I stand a chance of catching anything much from the bank ? I also have a small Jon Boat that I can use.
Views: 1303   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 10, 2007 5:00pm
by Ray
trolling friday report
Trolled the mouth of Island Creek Friday.Caught 6 blues.Biggest was around 6 lbs rest 3 to 4 lbs>Was using spoonplugs and r/t.Charturse sp char r/t.marked fish from 15 to 20 ft.Shad from 5 to 15 ft..Very unsure of the depth of the fish I caught tho.Had about 100 ft o...
Views: 1496   Replies: 13
Last Post: Aug 10, 2007 9:17am
by fishdoc
Gar
went out today for a few hours drifting for catfish with no luck. we notice quite a few gars breaking the water all around the boat so we decided to try to catch a few but couldn't get them to bite. I was wondering if anybody knew of any good methods for fishing for...
Views: 1020   Replies: 11
Last Post: Aug 9, 2007 10:35pm
by Quint
r
RJ
opinions............. jfo .......fisdoc........or anyone
need advise on a new center console........ right now am leaning towards a scout........17.5 ft with a 90 4stroke yamaha or 18.5 with 115 4 stroke yamaha ..... would I be safe/comfortable if a few times a year I left Kerr and took it to atlantic beach for some inshor...
Views: 2382   Replies: 29
Last Post: Aug 9, 2007 10:07pm
by Caprandy
Congratulations
I would like to congratulate a good friend and fellow fisherman,Dennie Gilbert,on his trip to the Forrest Wood Cup on Lake Ouachita.Even though you did not come away with the Million Dollars,you experienced something that most fisherman will never experience in a lif...
Views: 726   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 9, 2007 8:05pm
by onemobass
Congratulations
I would like to congratulate a good friend and fellow fisherman on his trip to the Forrest Wood Cup on Lake Ouachita.Even though you did not come away with the Million Dollars, you experienced something that most fisherman will never experience in a lifetime.Good Job!
Views: 582   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 9, 2007 7:54pm
by onemobass
t
Toby
Registered Black Lab
Need a registered black lab for a friend's birthday present. Anyone happen to know where I can get one quickly?? Toby
Views: 805   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 9, 2007 2:15pm
by majorcatfish
still in the market for a boat
Hey guys looking for a 15-16 ft older bass boat with at least a 50hp. Anyone selling thanks
Views: 2083   Replies: 21
Last Post: Aug 9, 2007 8:04am
by HAWGHEAD
Bass with a Frog
Check it out at www.fishingwithphil.com Last show on back page. If anyone wants to save the shows you can now download them into your own file.
Views: 1044   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 8, 2007 11:46pm
by MOFISH
r
Red
60 lb. Blue
My Dad and I went fishing on friday night along with his granddaughter. We had one take the line screaming. Dad jumped up crab the rod and he stated I think I'm going to need some help...I laughed at him. I waiting until the fish surface and got a good look at him be...
Views: 2075   Replies: 43
Last Post: Aug 8, 2007 7:41pm
by snakeman
worms
if anyone is looking for any lime green and blue shade worms from bass bro shoot me an email
Views: 724   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 8, 2007 7:24pm
by ltl.weed
d
dan m.
Damage to BOAT!!!!!!
Went to Kerr Wednesday and someone Keyed my boat up there in South Hill. Some A. H. Keyed my boat while I was parked eating in the down home buffet. Really he keyed it with intent on causing the most damage to the boat about ten feet of of damage to the top of the hu...
Views: 1249   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 8, 2007 7:22pm
by dan
g
Grumpy
THANKS !!!
Just a quick note to say a warm 'thanks' for all the help and good wishes regarding our trip out from the UK. Just a few hours now and we'll begin the 25hr journey to Kerr, our fith trip and really looking forward to it. Our contact number at the rented house is 434-...
Views: 783   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 8, 2007 5:07pm
by Caprandy
rock fish
Yes I am going fishing friday morning and I was wondering if anybody could point me in a good direction in trying to find these schooling rock that are breaking the surface that I have yet to see this year.Have seen plenty of bass breaking but no stripers.Thank you!
Views: 733   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 8, 2007 5:04pm
by Caprandy
t
Toby
FLAT TRAILER
Anyone have a utility trailer, pontoon trailer, or any type of flat trailer they may want to get rid of?? Need something to carry a 14' raft on. Can be lightweight as the raft and fishing frame only weigh about 200 lbs. Toby
Views: 578   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 8, 2007 4:53pm
by Toby
another death
A few of you here may know Walter Chamberlain from Dinwiddie Va. he fished a lot on Kerr...he passed away yesterday.
Views: 1136   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 8, 2007 4:50pm
by Caprandy
New Message Board
Is everyone heading to the new message board? Or, are we going to use both?
Views: 757   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 8, 2007 4:12pm
by MOFISH
t
Teresa
Eagle Point Boat Ramp/ Thanks to all !!!
I would like to take the time to thank everyone that has responded to my message in reference to the closure of the ramp. I have rec'vd several e-mails with support and information. All my letters and e-mails have been sent now I guess it is the waiting game. I hav...
Views: 541   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 8, 2007 9:11am
by Teresa
r
Randy
Bassman13
Sent 6 reels and had them back in 5 days!!!!! Did a great job, cleaned and super tuned, smooth. I really appreciate the great service.
Views: 673   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 8, 2007 8:07am
by Ray Gryder
g
gizmo
Special thanks to all who cared!
Many ask for help but few say thanks enough. I would like to say a special thanks to all those who replied to my post. JFO, RALPH, BUGGSMAN, BCAT, DANRIVERYACHT2, BUDMAN, AND RAY you guys make it worth someones while to put forth the efforts to suceed in fishing....
Views: 1020   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 7, 2007 11:03pm
by waterlover
Crappie help maybe some cats????
Have not been on the lake in 5 weeks but have my daughter coming in for a birthday fishing trip. I know it is a difficult time to fish with all the heat but any tips would be appreciated. A friend caught some nice crappie off brush at 30 foot last week. Some eater si...
Views: 738   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 7, 2007 8:53pm
by Fishbud
I will be back
I will take a break and come back later. When I come back your forum is toast. I can run off all the fisherman and make is a ghost forum. Do not test my skills. I'm the best and most feared troll you will ever encounter. I have an extensive background in being a cybe...
Views: 892   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 7, 2007 8:06pm
by Wanda's Worst Ni...
Does it work?
I was looking around the net a few weeks ago and ran across this thing called the, catfish fishing secert. It's made by a guy named Dan Eggertsen. Does anybody know,what this thing does and if it's for real or just another load of junk? THANKS
Views: 667   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 7, 2007 6:44pm
by snakeman
j
JRS
Carp Tourney anyone??
Anyone interested in a CARP TOURNEY?? Bob said we could have it at BIBT. Say about a month from now? Normal rules with a 80% payout.
Views: 1214   Replies: 25
Last Post: Aug 6, 2007 10:41pm
by Fish-N-Fool
k
keith
VHF radio
I have a ? about vhf radios. I know the fishermen on kerr frequent channel 68. Been looking on Ebay and I see 2 channel, 16 channel, and a 100 channel. My ? is what do I need to buy? Common sence would say something with at least 68 channels, but I dont really know....
Views: 710   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 6, 2007 8:49pm
by SurFishaLot
g
gizmo
why no help from anyone?
For this board to be so full of helpful people, trying to get information is pretty hard. I posted a message asking anyone for just some helpful information on the type of fishing to do for cats because I am coming up with my wife and kid from Tuesday-Friday of next...
Views: 1353   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 6, 2007 5:10pm
by MOFISH
buck`s bait line
Fishdoc, dry or anyone else who trolls, i need to order some more spoon plugs, my question is this, i am using 6500 C3`s as you know they have no line counter, In your opnion is the no-bow metered line that buck`s bait sells a good trade off instead of buying new ree...
Views: 809   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 6, 2007 4:43pm
by finattic
l
Linda
Wrong email address for Paula Carper
Teresa, you left a "." out of the email address. Paula Carper@saw02.usace.army.mil In regards to the posts at Eagle Landing. They have been there for several years. The gates are closed and locked during real high water periods, when there is danger to u...
Views: 567   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 6, 2007 12:49pm
by Teresa
g
gizmo
Late thanks to CDR Steve
Thanks to you as well CDR Steve who just posted some helpful information to me just now.
Views: 610   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 6, 2007 11:36am
by gizmo
s
Scott
Any striper this past weekend?
Marked tons of fish on the west side of the channel between #2 and the dam, but have no idea if they were striper or not. Drifted across the channel in that area 4-5 times with minnows, had a couple get bit off and caught three bullhead or small cats with their stoma...
Views: 646   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 6, 2007 5:44am
by Scott
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Free Forum powered by Bravenet