This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
New Message Board

Our new message board is ready for testing. On this new message board you will need to register. An email will be sent to the email address you enter to validate your registration. NOTE: There is a possibility that your spam filter might block this email, so be sure to check the spam/quarantine folder if you do not see the validation email arrive.

We are unable to import the current discussions on this message board to the new message board. So we will be starting with a clean slate.

Kerr / Buggs Island Vistors Fishing Reports

Enjoy and let me know if you have any suggestions for additional categories.

Re: New Message Board

im a little confused, is this new site taking place of this one. if it does a way with alot of the unnessesary conflicts brought about by instigators of troubly it will be well appreciated. along with setting up an account and signing in, if it is possible to only be able to use one screen name per ip addres will all but eliminate most of the nonsence we all deal with from people that have nothing better to do with their time than to cause trouble. once an ip address has outstepped the baseline of rules to be blocked from this site forever. just a little food for thought.

We won't loose the ability to search the archives for the years of teaching form the most experienced and knowledgeable anglers will we? Say it ain't so Wanda. CC

I can't get the board to work? Any way the info on the bream is incorrect. There is no size or creel limit set for bream on Kerr/Buggs Island. The no limit applies for both VA and NC.

thank you quint for correcting my typo on the new board. mcat

Quint - can't get the board to work?
Exactly what problem are you having with the new board? I see you were able to register.

Chris Cross - " We won't loose the ability to search the archives for the years of teaching form the most experienced and knowledgeable anglers will we? Say it ain't so Wanda. "

This board will still be assessable for some time, however it will eventually be discontinued. So the archives will eventually go away. I'm sorry about this, but it is just impossible to import this board into the new board.

Wanda - I am missing something ... where is the link/entrance to the new board? I don't see it (I've been know to miss the obvious before so it's nothin' new to me)

Wanda it will not let me post? I also never got a e-mail and when I try to resubmit it will not let me and states error? Thanks major-cat for sharing the info.

I tried to register earlier today too - before lunch. It's now after 5 and I haven't got the email. I didn't even try to go back in thinking I'd wait for it. Shouldn't that email come pretty quickly? Thanks.

DanRiverYacht2 - where is the link/entrance to the new board.

Link on first post or click below.

Kerr / Buggs Island Vistors Fishing Reports

Quint - Wanda it will not let me post? I also never got a e-mail and when I try to resubmit it will not let me and states error?

You should have gotten an email right after registering. Do you have any type of spam filter either on your mail program or with your ISP. If so see if the email was stopped by the filter.

MarkA - I tried to register earlier today too - before lunch. It's now after 5 and I haven't got the email. I didn't even try to go back in thinking I'd wait for it. Shouldn't that email come pretty quickly?

Yes you should have gotten the email right after registering. Check all spam filter within your email client or with your ISP. Some ISP have a feature that you have to approve an email address prior to delivery to your inbox.

Add the following address to your accepted email addresses correspondence@mail2.proboards.com

WANDA, I TRIED POSTING LAST NITE. I WAS REJECTED. AS IT IS NOW, I'VE BEEN WAITING 24 HOURS FOR A REPLY FROM YOU AND HAVE HEARD NOTHING. I'M NOT COMPUTER SMART. I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET.
SETTER

Setter = WANDA, I TRIED POSTING LAST NITE. I WAS REJECTED. AS IT IS NOW, I'VE BEEN WAITING 24 HOURS FOR A REPLY FROM YOU AND HAVE HEARD NOTHING. I'M NOT COMPUTER SMART. I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET.

I did not see your email address on the list of members.

What was the email address you use?
Also what username did you create?

Make sure that you check your spam folder within your email program. You can also try creating a new account by going to

http://kerrlake.proboards21.com/index.cgi?action=register

Just tried it out with no problems

I still say to charge a buck or two to become a member.It will cover some of your cost for upgrades.

registering a new account...
first go to your email and turn off your spam filter or unblock your junkmail/bulk
now click on the link that wanda posted or go to the new forum and click on register.
1.now fill-in all the info, enter the security check
go to the bottom click on i agree now click on create account.
2.now a new window will open saying that your activation code has been sent to your e-mail address.
3. now check your e-mail there should be a message from kerr/buggs island lake fishing report.
4. open that message
5. click on the first http link it should say
kerrlake.proboards21.com/index.cgi action activate account&username.NOTE you may want to copy your activation code as well.
6.after clicking on the link it's going to take you back to the forum. it's going to say error please log-in, enter your password and log-in
7. now a new window will open, it's going to say please enter activation code, the activation key should already be entered if not copy the code into the box, now click on activate account
now you should be registered
hope this helps

WANDA

Hi,

Just registered OK, no worries but ...... you seem to have just about covered all the game fish but why no subject heading for Carp ? We would like to put a link to your message board on our website but most of the guys here in Europe who are interested in coming to Kerr on our holiday package are interested in more in Carp than any other species. All the best.

Wanda:

Tee only way I have been able to access the NEW MESSAGE BOARD is to click on your post ( NEW MESSAGE BOARD ) and click on ( kerr/buggs Island visitors fishing report ).
Is there another way to access the new board?
Thanks; MOFISH

once you get to the new forum ,just add it to favorites above the adress bar. if you want a icon/shortcut on your computer screen,open favorites
scroll to the bottom find the kerrs/buggs forum. right click and pick send to desktop/shortcut.
hope this helps

Greetings: This is Wanda's call but there is a block for all other species which would cover any game fish left. Will this work for you? Smiles. G

MOFISH = The only way I have been able to access the NEW MESSAGE BOARD is to click on your post ( NEW MESSAGE BOARD ) and click on ( kerr/buggs Island visitors fishing report ).
Is there another way to access the new board?
Thanks;

Mofish, once the new board is fully up and running smoothly, the link on the Fishing Report page will be replace with the new board's web address. In the mean time follow the directions that majorcatfish posted on creating a favorite.

Grumpy = Just registered OK, no worries but ...... you seem to have just about covered all the game fish but why no subject heading for Carp ? We would like to put a link to your message board on our website but most of the guys here in Europe who are interested in coming to Kerr on our holiday package are interested in more in Carp than any other species. All the best.

Grumpy, have created a spot for Carp fishing. I aim to please. Any other suggestions.

Wanda still no luck. I wonder if you took me out of the system and then I try again on clean slate if that would work?

Quint,

Email fishing@kerrlake.com with the email address you used and the username.

W

Quint - found your account and deleted it. Try the registration process again.

I'm trying. So far I haven't had much luck. The problem seems to be that I haven't received an activation code yet.

HHinNC - I'm trying. So far I haven't had much luck. The problem seems to be that I haven't received an activation code yet.

I have turned off the activation portion of the registration. Try and see if you can log in with the username and password your signed up with.

WANDA COULD YOU PLEASE ALLOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS TO BE SHOWN THANKS JAMES

Wanda I Emailed kerr lake with the info. I also tried to resubmit my registration. But the forum stated:

Registration Errors

The following errors occurred while attempting to create your account:

-It appears that you attempted to register for this forum using the wrong form. Please use the form below to register.

But it is the same form I have used and tried to use it several more times with the same result?

Thanks for your help Wanda

WANDA.........

Many thanks, you're a Gem.
All the best.

Hi Wanda. Just wanted to tell you I had no problems registering for the new message board. It did not take long at all, thanks and have a great day.

James - email address should now show.

Quint, you have mail

Wanda - I did check my junk mail folder saw nothing. I'm not sure if my ISP has a filter on in front of that - if so, there's no way I can turn that off, and the email is already gone. What do you suggest?

MarkA

Check your email.

Wanda thanks for your help but still getting error report? Could never get to the page to enter my registration code.

Quint: So you are receiving the email with the activation code? If you are then there is a link within that email that all you have to do is click on it and it will then open a webpage with all information in it and all you have to do is click the button to verify. Or are you having a problem with the username and password not letting you in?

1. Go to http://www.kerrlake.proboards21.com/index.cgi
2. At the top of the page you will see where it says login.
3. Click on Login
4. Enter your username and password (the one that I sent you)
5. Then click on the button that reads login.
6. This will take you back to the main page.
7. From here you should be able to post your test messages or answer any other post.

Let me know what happens

Wanda thanks again for your help. Tried it still states error not correct user name and password combination? Used the one you gave me. And also have not seen the place to post the registration code that I got through email? One of the links seemed as if it let me in and the home page stated I was in but could not get it to post? Do you click on link to post in order to post?

Quint - I was able to login using your username quint (lower case) and the password (lower case) that I sent you.

You have to login first to post otherwise you will only be able to view the postings.

If you want to post a message, click on one of the boards where it reads General Discussion, then either click on one of the threads and if you want reply to that thread click on the right where it reads reply.

Or if you want to start a new thread click where it reads (right hand side) New Thread.

Wanda

Wanda, thanks very much for you help. That seems to have solved my problem. I am now able to log onto the new site. I appreciate your prompt response to my situation.

HHinNC - I'm trying. So far I haven't had much luck. The problem seems to be that I haven't received an activation code yet.

I have turned off the activation portion of the registration. Try and see if you can log in with the username and password your signed up with.
Email: fishing@kerrlake.com

Wanda, i, too. registered an have not recieved an email. or i can't find it. what to do?

wanda thought i had this figured out last nite but guess i dont.tried to login tonite told me invalid user name or pass word.i have not received your e-mail confermation yet either.thanks james

Wanda still no luck? thanks for your time and patience.

Wanda:

I am sure that you put a lot of your valuable time and effort into the new forum. And it's obvious that you are an educated and talented person. So I hope you take what I am about to say as constructive criticism.
I really don't like the layout or format as well as the existing or the old forum. To an older and computer illiterate person such as myself, it's pretty complicated whereas the old forum was easy to read and understand.
Could you not have used the existing layout or format and set it up to require a user name and password ? looks to me like that would have been better for us dumb guy's.

MOFISH - I am sure that you put a lot of your valuable time and effort into the new forum. And it's obvious that you are an educated and talented person. So I hope you take what I am about to say as constructive criticism.
I really don't like the layout or format as well as the existing or the old forum. To an older and computer illiterate person such as myself, it's pretty complicated whereas the old forum was easy to read and understand.
Could you not have used the existing layout or format and set it up to require a user name and password ? looks to me like that would have been better for us dumb guy's.

Mofish - I'm sorry you don't like the new format, but it is the only one available that allows posting by different subject titles. Also the current board does not give me the options to setup a login process.

======================================================

fishdoc = Wanda, i, too. registered an have not recieved an email. or i can't find it. what to do?

I have turned off the email activation setting. Try loggin in with the username and password you created to see if you can post a test message.

JAMES - wanda thought i had this figured out last nite but guess i dont.tried to login tonite told me invalid user name or pass word.i have not received your e-mail confermation yet either.thanks james

James, try cleaning out your cookies within your browser options, also clean out your temporary internet files. Try logging in with the username and password again. I have turned off the email notification so once you set up your account you should be able to log in and post messages.

Quint - Wanda still no luck? thanks for your time and patience.

Quint, according to the logs you did manage to log in at about 8:33PM. To confirm if you are logged in, at the top of the page you will see at the top of the page some like

Hey, Quint, you have 0 messages, 0 are new.

To post messages, move your mouse down the page and when your pointer moves over a link the word will be doubled line (line on top and line on bottom). Click and it will take you to the next page.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Email notification has been turned off. Once your account has been setup, you should be able to go to the login page and use the username and password you created at time of registration.

================

I am working on some help webpages to assist everyone through the registration process, login process and posting process. These are still in the works, so give me some time to get it all together. Will let you know when they are available.

Keep the questions and suggestions coming, makes my day go by quickly.

Wanda

Okay guys/gals, have set up webpages on:

How to Register on the the board
How to Login
How to Post/Reply

Click on this link and it will take to the instructions. (Pictures included, so might take a while to download).

http://www.kerrlake.info/fishing/newboard/register.htm

ALSO WANT TO NOTE AGAIN THAT THE EMAIL VERIFICATION IS NO LONGER NECESSARY TO LOGIN AND POST MESSAGES.

Wanda

tried again...still can't post. says user name already taken???

and Wanda, i'm on a couple more boards with this format and i really like it better because of the different option, thanks a bunch!!! FD

fishdoc, deleted your account, go through the registration process again.

1 2