Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
buck`s bait line

Fishdoc, dry or anyone else who trolls, i need to order some more spoon plugs, my question is this, i am using 6500 C3`s as you know they have no line counter, In your opnion is the no-bow metered line that buck`s bait sells a good trade off instead of buying new reels,(daughter a senior this year)And will this line do as good a job as the fireline. If so i can get the line, plugs and be ready for the next trip

Thanks

Re: buck`s bait line

FISHDOC has gotten me hooked on the reels with line counters. I already have the new 17's by Daiwa, and am presently awaiting receipt of the larger ones I ordered Thursday from Cabels'a to be used when trolling leadcore. The better you can control your lure (knowing how deep is is and how fast it's running) really helps eliminate problems. If it ain't where you think it is, you won't be as sucessfull trying to work a desired depth. With no line counters (if you use lead core or colored wire)you've got to keep up with how many colors are out, how many feet each color equals - and if you want to change depth while trolling - trying to refigure your depth based on the color showing is rough when you haven't got any better memory than I do. I want fishing to be as fun as it can be, and for me that means keepin' it simple.
Buck's no bow wire line is good stuff but I prefer the more flexible braided (powerpro) kevlar.It all comes down to choice and what you want to have to keep up with. I like looking at the meter and seeing how much is out and the ability to quickly change depth without having to refigure.

i used the 6500's for many yrs, an still do, just count the layers...10ft per layer. an fireline or bout any braid is better in my opinion. hope we helped ya!

Thanks guys that helped alot. I am going to stick with my 6500`s until i can get the little one out of school. And DRY i agree in trying to keep everything simple, i have to think at work. Thanks for the reply`s and good luck