Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
where to fish for the bigger cats??

Going to bugs Sunday, anyone have any info on catching some of the bigger cats? Went last sunday and fished around the bridges and caught alot of smaller fish. Any info would be great.

Re: where to fish for the bigger cats??

At least your catchin' the small ones. Some guys are getting skunked. You're on the right track if you're catching fish. Keep doing what you're doing and the big ones will come.

Re: Re: where to fish for the bigger cats??

I am on Roanoke Rapids lake and am catching blues and channels close to underwater humps or saddles. If you can find such structure you should find some cats.
I have caught some nice blues. Most are in water 10 to 15 ft deep. Hope this helps. I am fishing in the evening but not after dark. There are fisherman catching some at nite.

Bo

Bo TROLL ALERT! Your ip address is the same one that been telling lies about me.

Glenn,

Don't understand where you are coming from. Please let me know what I have said. To my knowledge I have said nothing in regard to you. Please reply.

Bo

Re: Re: Re: where to fish for the bigger cats??

I would also add I have not said anything negative about anyone on this message board. You have got me confused with someone else. As far as the IP # goes I have no clue as to your accusation. I hope you have a good evening and good luck with your fishing.

Bo

Wife and I went jug lining this past Sunday night in the Eastland Creek area and caught 4 - 20# cats, 1 - 35# cat and 1 - 3# bass on cut bait.

We caught some channels and blues on Roanoke Rapids Lake sunday afternoon. No fish that large though.
Kerr Lake must have one heck of a blue cat population.
If I may ask what depth did most of the cats come on?
I had noodles from 7 to 14 ft deep. The biggest cat came on a 10 ft noodle. The water I was in was no deeper than 20 and no shallower than 12ft. Had to set the 14 footers in the channel. Thanks.

Bo

Ours were all Blues, the 35 pounder was caught on a twenty foot line and the rest at 15 feet. All were set in water that ranged 21 - 32 feet deep.

Bo Check my IP address. This is the troll that has caused all the trouble on this board, Check with Wanda and she will verify my identity. We tracked his IP to Flint, Michigan. He is using comcast as a carrier. I called them and reported what he has done using my name which incidently is fraud by internet. I am very sorry for the actions of this person. Smiles. G

Bo: You've got mail. G

Sir, you have mail.

Bo

I fished last Saturday. We caught 20 keeper blues and channels. Only 3 channels and 17 blues. largest was about 9 to 10 lbs. most were the good eating size. 2 to 4 lbs. Caught them trolling spoonplugs. We also caught 8 LMB, nearly a dozen white perch. 1 white bass and 1 crappie. we also had 8 or 10 throw back smaller cats. really good day. Most were caught across for goats island.
Good luck.

Thanks for the report striperb. I wish I could fish Kerr Lake more often. I am fishing Roanoke Rapids Lake for now. As soon as school starts and the summer residents leave I will head for Lake Gaston.
Good luck this week. All right guys does the trolling technique seem to work on lakes like Falls or
Jordan. My son lives right at Falls. Thanks.

Bo

ps Come on Ray I bet you know!!

Glenn Christie and Wanda with smelly cooter...

Flint Michigan? ha ha ha You forgot to mention Redmond, Reno, Traverse City, San Diego, Danville and there are still more places.

Tract this one and see the location? I'm above any security on this forum and the new one. I will not go away until I get my apology from Wanda. She is the one making everyone suffer by being stubborn.

Tight lines

Trolling Fisherman (get it..troll)