This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hico Lake

Hi,
Have a question for the folks that fish Hico Lake.
How is this fishing in the fall and early winter?
I have fished in the spring and had good results,but I wondered about the fall.Mainly fish for Crappie..
Thanks in advance for any replys.......mikeb

Re: Hico Lake

Hyco Lake is an awesome fall and winter lake!! i mainly fish it for catfish and LMB, but have caught lots of crappie there during the colder months, get in touch with FishDoc, i believe he fishes there for crappie, and could probally give you some excellent info.
Mike

I fish Hyco lake a lot and the crappie fishing is good all year you just need to know where the fish will be and what they are hitting,I caught my limit at night about a week ago using a small white jig smallest one 1lb biggest almost two pounds.The fish follow water trend and bait.

I fish Hyco a lot also. Great fishing fall,all the way thru winter, and spring. If you can stand the cold, you can catch the fish.

dec., jan., feb., are great for crappie here. LMB an some big white bass thrown in for added excitment! caught over 100 crappie in 4 hrs many times. caught 20-44 LMB many times. caught 2 whitebass over 3lbs once. if ya can stand the cold, they bitin at Hyco! FD

Thanks for the info!!!!!

What kinda presention do you guys use when you fish the late fall and winter months at Hyco??

I usually do most of my fishing in the fall and winter
going to the james river and buggs..

thanks,,,,,mikeb

thro 3/32 oz homemade bucktails for crappie an troll shiners a lot for bass. thro a hopkins at breakin fish. catch LMB an whitebass doin this.