Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
why no help from anyone?

For this board to be so full of helpful people, trying to get information is pretty hard. I posted a message asking anyone for just some helpful information on the type of fishing to do for cats because I am coming up with my wife and kid from Tuesday-Friday of next week, but no one has left anything for me to even look at. If I was not 5 hours away, I would have the information myself and would not have to ask for help. No one even offered any advice for shad of which I just didn't want to spend all of our fishing time looking for. REMEMBER GUYS THERE IS ENOUGH FISH FOR EVERYONE.

Re: why no help from anyone?

Calm down gizmo,you are beginning to sound like me. .The truth hurts some.

hey gizmo, this is the first time i read your post and i went yesterday.put in at is. creek all the bait u want in coves. caught fish on rocky points in 35 to 55 ft. fish were 25, biggest at 16 but not big numbers. man it was hot.i asked about catfish a few weeks ago and got nothing either.i think some people here had rather argue than help each other. fishing has been slow to slower for 4 weeks for me. i am geeting ready for bow season til they get better. we did hang 3 good ones that broke our line. hope this helps..enjoy your day and god bless.....bcat

Gizmo - I hate to do it but I'll have to agree with Buggsman on this one.
I'll gladly tell you everything I can to help you - but I don't stay on this board 24/7. I went fishing Saturday in the Island creek area and caught several decent catfish (all Ark.Blues) from a pound to around 12 pounds, and 1 striper - all caught while trolling spoonplugs/roosytertails for white perch around the main lake points/humps trolling 15/16 feet deep in anywhere from 15-34 feet of water. I didin't catch many perch but the few I did catch were nice ones, and caught 1 striper. I didn't post this Saturday afternoon due to really not feeling that it was a good enough post to really help someone, and also - due to breathing the HOT hazy (very high ozone) air all day - my asthma was so screwed up that I was pretty much spent for the weekend.
There's a bunch of good folks on this board, most - not wanting to argue about nothing, and a lot that will tell you everything they know. If I can help in any way feel free to holler at me either on here, or for a quicker reply my home email - madrenj@bellsouth.net

Just saw the Message, I don't view but a few times a week as it appears to much BS on here at times to weed through for info.
Took my own family out this past weekend in BLUESTONE. We camped and fished from shore in the evening using a plain old nightcrawler on a hook. I had about a 1/4 oz SS 8 inches above the hook for weight. I let it lay on the bottom with the bail open and the line held lightly in one hand so you can feel them take it.
Had a small campfire for s'mores and light, didn't need any heat. Caught several cats in the 1-3 pound size rannge. It was a great time. We ran out of bait around 1:30 with more fish waiting to be caught.
The best part was when my 9 yr old told me how much fun that evening was for him.
Hope that helps you out.

DRY2

Do you you check your e-mail regularly ? I sent you an e-mail on 8-2 and didnot get a reply. Let me know if you didnot receive it and I will re-send.
Moe

Mo, I never received anything.

Mofish - I check my home e-mail everyday (or at least I try to) since I started up my on-line bussiness (www.doughbowlmaker.com). I don't remember getting anything from you on the new address which I got at about the same time ... madrenj@bellsouth.net so please pop it to me again. Thanks.

DRY2
You have mail