Return to Website

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum

The purpose of this forum is to provide a forum for cadets and friends of Roosevelt Military Academy to renew and maintain friendships and to post information of interest to the RMA Community. There are no restrictions on topics for discussion. We just ask that everyone keep their notes polite and civil. Don't forget to include a subject to your message.

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Roosevelt Military Academy class ring found!
My aunt and I have recently discovered a ruby class ring with the Roosevelt Military Academy logo on the sides (she first thought that it belonged to a medical doctor with the American Medical Association letters inscribed, but it's actually part of Roosevelt's logo)...
Views: 214   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 21, 2019 2:05pm
by Mike Vagi
2018 Reunion
Hello Rough Riders! 25 Jul, 2018 Less than 4 weeks until we get together again. We are going to try to be as visible as possible for everyone in Aledo so that they know that we are former cadets or RMA – n...
Views: 186   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 27, 2018 7:04am
by Mike Vagi
Bill Ryan
Bill Ryan passed away Tuesday this week in an auto accident. He was 1964 battilan commander. Service really Monday 5-7 and Tuesday 9:30 - 11:30 in Peoria I’ll.
Views: 233   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 7, 2018 9:14pm
by Bob warnke
Dean Wallace 66
Mike Vagi : Please add to taps Dean Wallace class off 66 passed away in March 3 2003. Thanks Ted
Views: 202   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 13, 2018 9:57am
by Mike Vagi
2018 The New RMA
2018 brings a new RMA and the city of Aledo. Every cadet and family member is encouraged to attend the reunion in August. While the campus is now a memory, our memories stay alive with every reunion. This year we will be celebrating history with the City...
Views: 225   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 10, 2018 3:54pm
by Jack Gwynne
Frank Peloto
Has any one heard from Frank Peloto I use to talk to him on FB but haven't heard from him in several years. I saw on FB something from his son that he died in or around 2014 but haven't been able to confirm that.Does anyone know anything or has anyone herd from him ?
Views: 269   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 2, 2018 9:44am
by Mike Vagi
Another Rough Rider down - Mitch Russo
It is with a tearful eye and a very sad heart that I am reporting that my classmate and long-time reunion friend, Mitch Russo 60', passed away unexpectedly on June 4, 2017. He will be missed and our Reunions will not be the same without him. Funeral arrangements...
Views: 222   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 6, 2017 4:38pm
by Mike Vagi
2018 Reunion
The 2018 Reunion dates are set for August 24-26 in Rock Island/Aledo. All activities have been finalized and you can get specific details by visiting the Home page or Reunion link. Save these dates and start making your plans to attend this one - will be the last for...
Views: 220   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 31, 2017 1:04pm
by Mike Vagi
UPCOMMING ELECTIONS
Association President Jeff Koppel has appointed me as Chair of the Elections Committee effect today, 11 July 2016. In performance of those duties, I am going to recommend that the positions of Secretary and Treasurer be consolidated and the following members be elec...
Views: 195   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 11, 2016 10:01am
by Jerry Feitler
REUNION HOTEL UPDATE
TO: ROOSEVELT MILITARY ACADEMY ALUMNI SUBJ: UPCOMING REUNION HELLO FELLOW ALUMNI: A VERY IMPORTANT ITEM: IF YOU ARE GOING TO THE REUNION YOU MUST HAVE YOUR ROOM RESERVATIONS IN BY AUGUST 4TH, REASON BEING THE AMOUNT OF ROOMS WE HAVE...
Views: 204   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 11, 2016 7:41am
by BOB KRAMER
ROOSEVELT MILITARY ACADEMY REUNION
Hello fellow Alumni: Here is a reminder for the upcoming Roosevelt Military Academy Reunion. The dates will be Friday August 26- Sunday August 28th 2016. We will be staying again at the Rock Island Ill Holiday Inn. The rates will be the same as the previous reu...
Views: 223   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 27, 2016 12:26pm
by BOB KRAMER
2016 REUNION
Here are the details for the upcoming Roosevelt Military Academy Reunion:. The festivities will be the Friday through Sunday, August 26-28.2016. and we will be staying at the Holiday Inn in Rock Island. Room rates will be the same as the last reunion at $89.00 p...
Views: 242   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 5, 2016 4:23am
by BOB KRAMER
2016 ROOSEVELT MILITARY ACADEMY REUNION AUGUST 26-28
HELLO TO ALL CLASSMATES. BY NOW YOU SHOULD HAVE RECEIVED ALL THE INFORMATION ON THE UPCOMING REUNION. THIS SHOULD BE A GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL OF US TO REUNITE WITH OUR CLASSMATES. THERE WILL BE MORE UPCOMING INFO IN THE TIME BETWEEN NOW AND THE REUNION. IF YOU...
Views: 240   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 26, 2016 3:40pm
by ROBERT KRAMER
Aloha...
Aloha...Happy new year to one and all... A consideration to the heart and soul of RMA... other then posting messages here I would like to suggest getting and using the free Brosix Secure Instant Messaging software for personal use...if nothing else worthy of checking...
Views: 213   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 17, 2016 11:09pm
by Stephen R. Perss...
RIP Eric "Rik" Bogoff
It is with sad heart that I bring the news of Riks Passing yesterday Saturday Jan 9th 2016. Bogoff has been quite ill for sometime. I am going to miss the special bond I had with Bogoff and his wife Connie. BTW Connie is going to send something to all the Cadets with...
Views: 211   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 10, 2016 2:59pm
by Marv Marcus Calf...
Rick Bogoff
To many of you Rick Bogoff may be a familiar name, as a friend, classmate or as an active member in the Association since it was formed in 2006. Rick has been the Chairman of several reunions in the past and is the Co-Chairman with Bob Kramer for the upcoming 2016 re...
Views: 198   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 8, 2016 8:18pm
by Mike Vagi
2016 ALL CLASS NREUNION
FIRST OF ALL I WANT TO WISH EVERYONE A VERY HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON. JUST A REMINDER ABOUT THE UPCOMING REUNION IN AUGUST. WE ARE GOING TO BE BACK IN ROCK ISLAND AND ALSO VISIT ALEDO. ON THE WEBSITE UNDER REUNION IT GIVES A RUN DOWN ON WHAT THE ACTIVITIES WILL BE. T...
Last Post: Dec 24, 2015 6:55am
by BOB KRAMER
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy New Year
...and/or whatever holiday you choose to celebrate. I'm looking forward to see as many of you as possible at the reunion in Rock Island on August 26-28. Bob.
Views: 177   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 23, 2015 10:01pm
by Bob Fritz
Colonel Millikan Retires from USA
Gentlemen, I am announcing my retirement from the US Army after 27 years of service (11 on active duty/16 National Guard). The ceremony will be held at Lackland AFB in San Antonio, TX on Friday August 2nd, 2013. The exact time and location will be announced in the...
Views: 218   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 10, 2015 1:42pm
by Peter Candiano
Retirement
Hi Everyone, As I have been very active in RMA activities since 2000, as well as the forming of the Rough Rider Association, in 2006, with the help of many others, it is time to pass on some of the ancillary duties I have been performing since then to our current...
Views: 249   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 26, 2015 12:24pm
by Gerald Feitler
2014 reunion flash drives
The flash drives of the 2014 regular reunion were mailed late last week. If you attended the reunion and do not receive your flash drive within the next ten days, please drop me an email. thanks.
Views: 206   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 14, 2015 10:56am
by Gerald Feitler
Resgination of Treasurer
As authorized by President Jeff Koppel, we are advising that Tom DeGraffenreid has tendered his resignation as Treasurer of the Association. Jeff has appointed me as Acting Treasurer until a successor can be named to the position.
Views: 252   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 1, 2015 1:46pm
by Gerald Feitler
Texas Guys
Has anybody heard from Mel or Mike? With all this rain they are getting, I'm wondering how they are doing.
Views: 231   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 31, 2015 7:27pm
by Mike Vagi
Louie
Serafin???Louie graduated in 1965 and he was 'the best'. He left us way too soon. RMA, Navy, Pilot, Doctor, Alumni.................always smiling always friendly always with a positive attitude and perspective. Will miss him at the reunions.
Views: 226   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 30, 2015 3:28pm
by jack gwynne
2014 Reunion
Thanks to all that attended, and a big standing ovation to Mike Vagi for and outstanding job!
Views: 219   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 25, 2014 5:38pm
by Gerald Feitler
Old Friends
I just happened on this site last evening and I am compelled to drop a note to say "hi" to all my fellow Rough Riders out there in the world. I attended RMA from 54-57; 6th, 7th and 8th grades. I grew up in Chicago and returned there in 57 where I attended Mendel...
Views: 209   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 24, 2014 1:05pm
by Bill Joseph
Reunion carpooling - Chicago area to Rock Island
Hi to all the Chicago area Rough Riders!! If anyone needs a ride from the Chicago area, or is willing to take on a passenger for the trip to the Reunion in Rock Island, please let me know. I have a Rough Rider from the class of 70 who is looking for a ride and...
Views: 230   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 5, 2014 8:28pm
by Mike Vagi
Academic Records
Fellow Rough Riders: The Association is planning to turn the RMA academic records over the museum in Aledo, for ease in availability, if you would like a copy of your academic record, drop me a line (email okay) to request it. Please be sure to give me your full n...
Views: 319   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 26, 2014 2:53pm
by Gerald Feitler
Coach Don Jaschke
After many months of research I have found out that Coach Jaschke died on June 7th, 2007. I will be sending the obit. to Mike to get posted in Taps. Coach was a great mentor for all us. He will be missed.
Views: 289   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 9, 2014 5:51pm
by Bob Fritz
2014 Reunion
Does anybody have the phone number for the hotel? I can't find my paperwork, HELP!
Views: 278   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 23, 2014 5:34am
by Esteban Jimenez
I lost a friend
I, and the rest of the membership of the Association have lost a good friend, Gene Shalander, Sr. '50 passed away this last week. Although we were at the academy at the same time, we didn't cross paths in that one semester. But I have had the pleasure of working wi...
Views: 200   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 26, 2013 12:37pm
by Gerald Feitler
Walking for the Cure
From: Gwynne, Holly (Illston) Sent: 08/19/13 10:27 AM To: RMA Subject: Race For Cure! HI Jack and I are doing the walk again this year. So if you can or want to donate on our behalf please do! Also PLEASE encourage the women in your lives including y...
Views: 194   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 22, 2013 10:04am
by Holly Gwynne
Reunion for class of 65. Will have a reunion for the class of 1965 in Chicago in 2015.
I will take care of all details. Just contact any 65 graduates you know!!! All other classes are welcome!!!! Bobtc98@bellsouth.net Yet
Last Post: May 12, 2013 9:56pm
by Bob Warnke
Jerry...........my friend
Jack and I are saddened by Jerry’s passing. He took me in as a close friend and always gave me hugs and kisses every time we met at RMA functions. Jerry was a selfless man who gave so much to others and made me feel special. We will miss Jerry! Holly Gwynne....
Views: 212   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 11, 2013 8:04am
by Holly Gwynne
2012 REGULAR REUNION DVD'S NOW AVAILABLE!
Kudos to Jack Gwynne and Bob Kramer for their efforts in conceiving and bringing the two-disc DVD set of the 2012 Regular Reunion to life! Dean Turner calls it a “treasure” and I agree with him! If you ordered a set at the event, if has already been shi...
Views: 169   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 25, 2013 12:05pm
by Gerald Feitler
g
Gwynne
Alumni Dinner - Houlihan's - Saturday April 27 - Oak Brook Mall
Date: Saturday April 27, 2013 at 5:00 pm. RSVP: jack.gwynne@rmaroughriders.org Call: 636-346-1518 NO LATER THAN APRIL 1......................We have a great time!!!! Where: Houlihan’s Restaurant, 56 Oakbrook Center, Oak Brook, Illinois 630-57...
Views: 211   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 19, 2013 8:38am
by Gwynne
1963 Class Ring Found!!!
Hey Guys, A 1963 class ring with the initials B R on the inside has been found by a gentlemen in IL. It was given to a girl in IL and it looks like she may have lost it. If you think it may be yours - or if you know of someone you think may have lost it, please...
Views: 236   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 22, 2013 11:41am
by Mike Vagi
Roosevelt Military Academy Historic DVD
Quick update to the RMA alumni on the production and development of a historic DVD on RMA. The Association used the backdrop of the 2012 all class reunion in August and researched a number of archived photos, film clips and recent video to produce a two disc set....
Views: 239   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 25, 2013 9:36am
by jackgwynne
g
gwynne
Ideas Please
We are meeting with the company that is creating the RMA DVD and wanted to get some ideas on the type of music or sound track for background. If you have some thoughts, tunes or music that we would use, let me know ASAP. We have a project review in Aledo on 1/2...
Views: 185   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 15, 2013 12:45pm
by gwynne
g
Gwynne
Happy Holidays
Happy Holidays to all Rough Riders. A quick bit of history for us all during this season of giving: At the outbreak of war with Spain in 1898, the U.S. Army was very small in numbers. This situation necessitated an immediate call for volunteers. President McKin...
Views: 168   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 7, 2012 12:01pm
by Gwynne
Lloyd E Young Sr "ACE"
My Father had asked me to contact the RMA once he had passed. Unfortunately that time has come and I am fulfilling one of his wishes. Dad, Lloyd or as many of you knew him as “ACE” lost his final battle with his illness yesterday, 28th of September. He p...
Views: 230   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 29, 2012 2:26pm
by Mike Vagi
Bazooka Charlie
Does anyone have any information about how to contact family members of Battalion Commander Charles Cohen (1950) (aka "Bazooka Charlie"). I'd like to reach out to them if anyone has any contact information for his widow, children, or grandchildren. Thank you.
Views: 264   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 22, 2012 9:42am
by gwynne
Norman Shull?
My name is Michael Shull. I was reading some info on my father as he attended Roosevelt. I am not certin if he graduated or even what class he was in, I just know this was a part of his educational background. I came across a message with my father's name in it...
Views: 315   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 22, 2012 9:26am
by Mike Shull
g
Gwynne
Best Reunion Ever
The 2012 reunion was by far one of the most memorable. We started with a well organized registration process that included our first raffle for attendees, a fantastic dinner cruise on Friday night on the Mississippi River and pizza for others. Saturday started wit...
Views: 226   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 12, 2012 10:25am
by Gwynne
WRMJ Interviews from RMA reunion
Here are several interviews from RMA reunion. http://wrmj.com/?p=6365 Also, thanks for the invite and thanks for your efforts in keeping history alive in Aledo.
Views: 271   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 19, 2012 8:29am
by James Taylor
Note from Steve Hansen
Received an email from Steve: Almost 50 years is a long time. Paul May had a nice D.A. My flight assignments will keep me from being there.Next year maybe all this sounds like a really special year!
Views: 238   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 2, 2012 1:49pm
by Gerald Feitler
Message from an alum
I received the following email today and want to share it with everybody: I regret that I will not be able to attend the 2012 RMA all class reunion on 17-19 August 2012. However I wanted to send my best wishes to all who attend and know that the reunion will be a s...
Views: 232   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 31, 2012 4:18pm
by Gerald Feitler
The Truth About Lloyd Young Our Past President
The reason that Lloyd Young resigned is that he is thought that he was very sick and would be listed in Taps very soon. It is still possible as he is having major surgery on the 24th of this month, at Vanderbilt Medical center in Nashville, Tenn. He did not want to h...
Views: 282   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 4, 2012 9:18am
by J. RONALD JUTKIN...
Lloyd Young
Just spoke to Lloyd, he is recuperating at home and would love to hear from you guys. His email is leyoungsr@newwavecomm.net. Drop him a note and a smile!
Views: 255   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 20, 2012 3:12pm
by Ace
Mel spoke to Lloyd YoungG8 YB
I spoke with Lloyd Young on Wednesday in his hospital room and he asked me to post this information. He appreciates the nomination for the office of President but he has regretfully declined. He says he is facing several months of re-hab and rehabilitation and could...
Views: 229   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 3, 2012 3:49pm
by Mel Bogus
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Free Forum powered by Bravenet