Return to Website

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum

The purpose of this forum is to provide a forum for cadets and friends of Roosevelt Military Academy to renew and maintain friendships and to post information of interest to the RMA Community. There are no restrictions on topics for discussion. We just ask that everyone keep their notes polite and civil. Don't forget to include a subject to your message.

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Truth About Lloyd Young Our Past President

The reason that Lloyd Young resigned is that he is thought that he was very sick and would be listed in Taps very soon. It is still possible as he is having major surgery on the 24th of this month, at Vanderbilt Medical center in Nashville, Tenn. He did not want to hold an office that he would not be able finish what he was doing. I do have a Question for all of you. Is it true that he was President of the Assn.? If so is he now the imediate past president?

Gene

Re: The Truth About Lloyd Young Our Past President

It,s the 25th not 24th for Distant, Phase IV Esophagus Cancer & Lympn Nodes.

Ace

Gene,

To answer your question - no, Lloyd is not the immediate past president as he resigned his position as President. When he resigned as President the By-Laws provide that the Vice-President assumes the position of President and then becomes the sitting President. The purpose of the immediate past president position was for continuity in the Association when the sitting President chooses not to run for re-election or is not re-elected. He then becomes the immediate past president.
Hope this answers your question and clarifies any misunderstanding if there is any.

I remember reading that, he resigned because he couldn't take the crap that someone, or some in the Board was/ were dishing out and that is why he left. I find it very hard to believe that, someone who feels that he / she is at the end of the road because of illness, will make up such story in order to explain an action. Even though this is not quite the same, it falls very close to the "Death confession," theory in which nobody is believe to tell a lie at the time of meeting their Creator. So, maybe when he recovers, as I am sure we all hope he will, and soon, he will address the issue.

PS..And, if I may offer some memory refreshment, here is a copy paste from his resignation email.

As of 7 January 2012 I have severed all ties with the RMA Rough Riders Association and as its president
The main reason is RMA has taught me and many other former alumni to be "Builders of Men", not builders of a bunch of cry babies as apparently some have turn out to become.
I hope you have a good 2012 reunion and that some one will step up in the up coming election that can get things done that were started during my short tenure as your president.
Once again thank you for your support and understanding

Yes, Frank there is more to it then there appears. I had known sence mid November 2011 that my health was in trouble. And in early January 2012 after a number of phone calls of "I can't or I won't work with.... and so on's.", I had enough of cry baby behavor that I said to myself enough is enough and because I wanted to keep my health problems to the family because we did not know at that time just how much trouble I was in. But the main reason that I resigned was the cry baby behavor. So let it rest Frank.
Ace

Let us all say a prayer for Ace and his family - and wish him good health. He has done much to improve our association.