Return to Website

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum

The purpose of this forum is to provide a forum for cadets and friends of Roosevelt Military Academy to renew and maintain friendships and to post information of interest to the RMA Community. There are no restrictions on topics for discussion. We just ask that everyone keep their notes polite and civil. Don't forget to include a subject to your message.

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I lost a friend

I, and the rest of the membership of the Association have lost a good friend, Gene Shalander, Sr. '50 passed away this last week. Although we were at the academy at the same time, we didn't cross paths in that one semester. But I have had the pleasure of working with him since the organization of the Association, he as Historian and Quartermaster and I as Treasurer. His dedication to RMA and to the Association and its members will be hard to match. His memorabilia displays were the highlight of three reunions I know of and his stories regaled both former cadets and guests. He will be (in his words) viewing the grass from the brown side, and making it turn green with his stories and humor.
Rest in peace, my friend!