new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Carp Tourney anyone??

Grumpy:

Yep; this is a fishing forum but I enjoyed your post and found it interesting. As long as it is clean and respectful there should not be a problem. I can't speak for the adm but I would think they feel the same.
Take care!
Moe

Mofish

Sleep safe and catch plenty.

I thought I was the only one that enjoyed catching those big monsters @ Buggs, love to get in on this.

Any dates fixed for the Carp tourny ?

Grumpy:

Won't be long now. What is it, 4 more days? Guess you will soon be counting down the hrs.

MOFISH

Yup, less than 48hrs to go. We leave our base at 4am Tuesday, 5hr drive to Gatwick airport,4 hr wait to get checked in, 2 hours queing, 10 hour flight, 2 hours getting out of RDU, another 2hrs drive to the house etc, add another few hours for all the various delays, truck hire etc etc and hey presto ...... back to Kerr at last!
It usually takes somewhere around 25hrs or thereabouts and hell, if I ain't Grumpy when we leave I as sure as hell will be by the time I get there!

Still, that first dawn on the porch will make it all worthwhile, give me the sanity of the open air rather than the city cr*p everytime.
All the best.

Wow! All those travel hrs would be enough to make anyone grumpy!!!!
My prayers are with you for a safe trip.
Moe

Thanks MOFISH.
May your God go with you and I really hope to meet and chew the fat.
I'll post our phone number later today.
All the very best.

Never have been very big on carp, but i have fished with a guy from Russia in the Deleware Water Gap up in NJ.Caught Several nice Carp in the 30-40lb range using Nabisco shredded wheat, corn meal and water, mixing it all together with your hands and turning them into doughballs, later put on a treble hook, this method has worked for me. Hope you guys catch them all!