This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Super Tuned Shimano Corsair

Bassman13, been usin AMB round reels for 40 yrs, went to shimano curados 5 yrs ago, the 200BSF. my question is will these newer reels benefit from super tuning? Thanx. FD

Fishdoc,
Super Tuning will help any reel perform better and smoother. You won't gain as much distance with the newer reels as the older but you will notice a difference. I did some Curados for my son and he gained an average of 20' to his cast with a lot less effort. The biggest difference is the smoothness of the reel. Since you are sanding and polishing friction points, there is less drag on these parts and they work together better and smoother.

Dave,
I will have another Corsair CS400 by this weekend that I am going to clean and super tune if you are interested. I will let it go for $30 plus the cost of shipping. Let me know if interested and I will send you pictures of it.

Bassman13

bassman13,question can you super-tune a corsair 400a and corvalus 400, and if so how much ?
thanks majorcatfish

Majorcatfish,
I can super tune both of those for you. I will clean and super tune for $15 per reel.This includes cleaning and lubing the main gear, pinion gear, worm gear,and lubing.Remove and cleaning the bearings and oil with TG's Rocket Fuel(Yellow)as well as super tuning the reel. I will ge glad to help you are anyone else who is interested.Let me know.
Bassman13

Yes, Bassman, I'm interested. Been off the air a few days. Send me an email.

Thanks,
Dave

Dave,
My e-mail is wilsons22@earthlink.net

I am also insterested in one of these reels. Send me an email at jandstysinger@hotmail.com with some more info please.
Jeremy

Where are you located at or how could I get in touch with you. I have a couple Calcutta 200's and Bass Pro Extreme that I wouldn't mind having "Super Tuned".

RiverRat,
I am in Ridgeway Virginia and my e-mail is wilsons22@earthlink.net. I will be glad to do the reels for you.

Jeremy,
As soon as I get the reels cleand,lubed and tune, I will send you pics of what I have. Right now I am cleaning and tuning some reels for some people. As soon as I complete them I will be doing 2 Bass Pro round MTs' and a Shimano Corsair and should have them by the middle of the week if any one is interested in those type reels.You can e-mail me if you have any questions.