This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Vacation

Went back to Philpott lake again today & it was a beautiful day without much wind & no rain. Fishing was good again as we caught 16 lmb, 4 smb & 5 walleye.
Water temp was 62-65*. Vacation is over but we have another one in June. Going to church on Sun. & back to work on Mon.

Vac #2 was spent walleye fishing 2 days at Philpott & 3 days at Lake Gaston. Fishing was slow at Philpott & had to endure a severe thunderstorm & hail storm under someone's dock. Caught 12 walleye up there in 2 days which is slow for this time of year.
Fished Lake Gaston on 3 days catching 12 which is good for me on that lake. Four of them were citations weighing 5.33, 5.53, 6.74 & 7.95 lbs. Fish hit the best when generating water through Kerr Dam & it was slow the rest of the time. Nightcrawlers on a spinner rig fished from east of I 85 bridge to west of Holly Grove crk which is about a 6 mile stretch of water.
Off to Tweetsie RR with my wife, daughter & grand daughter for the rest of the weekend. Good fishing to all & it is back to work for me on Monday.
CC

NICE,NICE FISH CC.YOU HAVE THEM EYE'S FIGURED OUT.WAY TO GO,TAKE CARE.

Congrats! CC