Grace (not law) unto you, and peace (not confusion),
from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus-->Christ.
My comment, about your comment,
to Light's questions about the law, is:
- it is preposterous order to teach first and learn afterward;
- not wrong (bad), per se, just more to learn on your part; since
- scriptures were written aforetime "for our learning": Rom 15:4
- so "go ye and learn" what Matthew 9:13 (Hos 6:6) "meaneth"
Hint: if no man is justified BY THE LAW in Galatians 3, and
if sacrifice and offering are BY THE LAW in Hebrews 10, which
also notes doing the will of God precedes receive the promise, and
if Heb 11 says all who didn't do it died and rec'd not the promise, then
it reasons that no man is justified by any sacrifice in the sight of God,
and because sacrifice (blood shed) does NOT purge all things: Heb 9.
Hint: if "a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump", is kinda like saying
a little cancer can and will KILL the whole body if not removed in time,
then your 'Spirit of the Law' BS is like a "little" cancer in body of Christ.
PST: there is no such 'Spirit of the Law' phrase in all of the Bible. Selah.
Gil, your churchy rhetoric (BS) is what you LEAVE, in order to
GO ON UNTO PERFECTION = "MERCIFUL" = "HARMLESS".
Until you LEAVE law (sin, sacrifice, death) you don't have e-life.
"Eternal life" is NOT life after death; Rather it's life VOID of death.
"Life eternal", in Mt 25:46, is neither unity of Spirit nor eternal life.
So then, you have been seduced (snared, deceived, "bewitched"),
by "another law" in Mt 22:36-40 is notably "like the first": DEADLY.
So, please take your other wise: "earthy, sensual, devilish" wisdom,
and shove it where the sun does not shine. Learn first, Teach after.
"SEEK ye FIRST the kingdom of God AND his righteousness".
See Luke 16:16 concerning "the law" and the "kingdom of God".
God is a Spirit (Grace), NOT a Ghost (Law).
"Led of the Spirit" is NOT Ghost driven.
"Led" = "follow me" (Galatians 5)
Driven = "walk before me" (Galatians 3)
Gil, you need to dismiss the OLD school-master: Law,
for it's the sort of school-master that fails every student.
Gil, see 1Corinthians 13:1-3 to NOTICE,
of these three: Faith --> Hope --> Charity,
- 2/3 = 0.666... to infinity of NOTHING (0)
- 3/3 = 1.000... to eternity of everything (1);
So if you do not GO ON UNTO Charity "never faileth",
then all you Faith + Hope stuff profits you "NOTHING".
You keep coming to the forum to ask what's new, and
making foolish childish comments like: maybe Dan's sick,
but fail to read and "learn" difference between Old and New.
Gil, I have not been to any doctor in almost 20 years.
I don't do $ick. I am = all comfort, no discomfort at all.
That is all I have to say at this time.
The GRACE of our Lord Jesus Christ WITH YOU ALL. AMEN.
Grace (not law) unto you, and peace,
from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Your first statment referring to Hebrews 10:16 needs both correction and clarification. Let's quote it exactly from the Bible, and then note some spiritual insights about it:
"This [is] the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them"
Insights on Heb 10:16
1. Heb 10:9 just previously told us to take away law (first) to establish grace (second); And because they are contrary things that cannot co-exist in peace. So let's apply such to everything forward from Heb 10:9.
2. Notice the word new is NOT in this verse as you assumed it was; So it's old of old/new, which is to say law of law/grace. Heb 2 notes give more earnest heed to what's said is how we shall escape. The other option is not escape, snared, and by another law.
3. It's "this" of this/that, so law of law/grace, this world of this world/that world, beneath of beneath/above (from John 8:23)
4. It's for "them" of them/us, law of law/grace, and God hath not appointed us to wrath (law): 1Thess 5:9.
5. It's plural "laws, hearts, minds" = double-minded; And plural is from a plural God, not from God is one.
6. "Will I" is mirrorly reverse of I Will, therefore such is worded as a question, not as a statement.
7. If it's crap (law: dung), then flush it; For any law added to grace makes it no more grace, in the same manner death added to life makes life non eternal. Our goal is to lay hold on eternal life, which is not life after death, but life void of death.
Your second statement referring to 2Corinthians 3:6 also needs correction and clarification. So let's also quote it exact from the Bible:
"Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life".
1. It's about the new of old/new testaments... so
2. not of the letter (law), but of the spirit (grace)
3. because the law killeth, but grace giveth life
4. 2Cor3 goes on to compare law glory vs grace glory, as ministration of death vs ministration of life; And when compared, instead of mixed, we are changed from law to grace, as by the Spirit (not by the Ghost)
So in the words of Luke 11:35 "Take heed therefore that the light (grace) which is in thee be not darkness (law)".
Law judges all sinners, none righteous, so all perish by law. A little law is like a little cancer, which can and will kill the whole body if not all removed. So the opertion of God removes all cancer us law.
Grace judges all righteous, sinners none, so none perish by grace, unless you add law, which is like adding death to life, which is a dead end.
Bottom line: If it's crap (dung: law), flush it.
The GRACE of our Lord Jesus Christ WITH YOU ALL. AMEN.