Godshew.org's Uncensored Discussion Forum

Godshew.org's Uncensored Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: ALL?

Thanks for the detailed response, heavy stuff...strangely, I don't really find a problem with where you end up with this line of reasoning but I (in all honesty) believe that one can arrive at the same truth (for BY GRACE are ye saved THROUGH FAITH, NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast) wihout getting rid of St. John's contributions to the Scriptures and denying the positive aspects of Peter and James' ministries; also, you kind of skipped the metaphors found in the LAW that serve as foreshadowing of God's plan for a permanent shedding of blood for the remission of sin having always a choice involved...interesting take on the "Woman behold thy son" statement, very sobering and terrible to consider, both of which are often characteristics of truth...once again I appreciate your clarification.

Benedici di Dio
Derek

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ALL?

Derek,

Grace unto you, and peace,
from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Know makes you free of beliefs;
and know contains the word now.

By grace "are ye" saved is a question.
There's many ways to be saved:
- don't do this, but do that
- don't believe this, but believe that
- call on a name
- etc, etc, etc
But the important thing is being saved only;
Exodus folk got saved + destroyed after: Jude 1:5.

Same concept applies to forgiven:
servant in Mt 18 got forgiven + tormented after.

All who diligently tried to attain righteousness (grace) of the law failed to attain it: Romans 9:31; Galatians 3:11; Hebrews 11:13,39; And it's the evidence that makes it evident that no man (adult) is justified by the law in the sight of God.

Pst: Bloodshed does not purge all sin consciousness, only "almost all" sin, as noted in Hebrews 9; Leaving you a tad short of entering, if not totally purged.

As for being blessed: law blessed or grace blessed,
consider two blessed(s) compared in Psalms 32:1,2
which Paul notably repeats in Romans 4:7,8
noting the second is the blessedness of man.
For the first is notably a cover up blessed,
which when uncovered(revelationed) is a mess.

The end "run" noted in Hebrews 12 is an end run of a human "race" along "with patience", does the end run at a grace pace: "much more" abounds than law imputed sin and sin's death sting abound. So to do the end run along with patience and make it to the end alive unto God, you need to lose the weight that is beseting you from reaching "escape" velocity required to escape wrath to come; For if you don't lose this weight of sacrifice (of and to law), the "not escape" clause in 1Thessalonians 5:3's sudden destruction may catch you, sting you from behind, and make your ass grass in a New York minute. Eg: Galatians 5:4. Selah.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ with you all. Amen.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Thanks for the detailed response, heavy stuff...strangely, I don't really find a problem with where you end up with this line of reasoning but I (in all honesty) believe that one can arrive at the same truth (for BY GRACE are ye saved THROUGH FAITH, NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast) wihout getting rid of St. John's contributions to the Scriptures and denying the positive aspects of Peter and James' ministries; also, you kind of skipped the metaphors found in the LAW that serve as foreshadowing of God's plan for a permanent shedding of blood for the remission of sin having always a choice involved...interesting take on the "Woman behold thy son" statement, very sobering and terrible to consider, both of which are often characteristics of truth...once again I appreciate your clarification.

Benedici di Dio
Derek