Skilaboðaskjóða Ættfræðifélagsins

Leggðu inn fyrirspurnir sem aðrir notendur vefsins geta ef til vill svarað --- einnig lesið yfir af félögum Ættfræðifélagsins reglulega.

Skilaboðaskjóða Ættfræðifélagsins
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Past Life as a Viking

I am really, really trying to take this request seriously, but it is...well, somewhat hard.

What I can say is that there are no records anywhere of any "princess" Lillith. In fact, it is extremely unlikely that anyone would have been given such a name in that era. Lil(l) ith is an old Jewish name. In the legends she appears as the mother of the succubi, the consort of Satan and so on...it was simply not a name anyone would give to someone of royal birth.

"Hathorne" is not a "viking" name either, but it is closer, at least...the modern "Hathorn/Hawthorne" is possibly derived from "Hafþór", which certainly dates back to the viking era...there is a Hafþór "viking" Ljótsson mentioned in the old records.

In any case, I am sorry if you take this "past life as a viking" seriously, but I am pretty certain that the genealogy boards will not be able to provide you with any assistance.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I am seriously trying to find out about a Princess Lillith that lives during Viking times who had a protector named Hathorne. They were killed on a ship in battle against a warring tribe. If anyone can help me track down this information I'd appreciate it. thanks, Joanne.