Skilaboðaskjóða Ættfræðifélagsins

Leggðu inn fyrirspurnir sem aðrir notendur vefsins geta ef til vill svarað --- einnig lesið yfir af félögum Ættfræðifélagsins reglulega.

Skilaboðaskjóða Ættfræðifélagsins
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jon Sigurdsson (Sivertsen)

I am new to this geneaology stuff so I would appreciate any help that you could provide.

One of my Father's relatives apparently emigrated from Iceland to Denmark in the late 1700's or early 1800's. His name was Jon Sigurdson, but for some reason changed his name to Sivertsen when in Denmark. I think that he was born in Reikjevik. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Ole

Re: Jon Sigurdsson (Sivertsen)

Hej Ole

We have to have som more information because Jon Sigurdsson are verry common name in Iceland.

How where Jon Sigurdsson and your father related?

Regards ThT

Du maa godt skrive paa dansk.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I am new to this geneaology stuff so I would appreciate any help that you could provide.

One of my Father's relatives apparently emigrated from Iceland to Denmark in the late 1700's or early 1800's. His name was Jon Sigurdson, but for some reason changed his name to Sivertsen when in Denmark. I think that he was born in Reikjevik. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Ole

Re: Re: Jon Sigurdsson (Sivertsen)

Thank you for the prompt reply! It gives me a little hope of actually finding some more information about my family. Here is more detail that I think I know.

Jon Siggurdson (Sigurdson?) was born in Iceland approx. 1720, and married a woman named Margrethe. He had two sons, John Frederick and Pjetur. Pjetur apparently stayed in Iceland when Jon and his son John Frederick emigrated to Denmark. Jon was a clockmaker who installed the Astronomical clock in Kronborg.

John Frederick Sivertsen married Anne Elizabeth Juul and they had two sons, John Edward and John Ludwig Svertsen. John Edward had four children, one of whom, Emil Theodor Sivertsen was my Grandfather. My father's name was Henning Alfred Sivertsen.

I hope that this information will be helpful.

Thanks again for your help.

Ole

Replying to:

Hej Ole

We have to have som more information because Jon Sigurdsson are verry common name in Iceland.

Regards ThT

Replying to:

Thanks, Ole

Re: Re: Re: Jon Sigurdsson (Sivertsen), að vestan?

Hi Ole

“a clockmaker” was the keyword I have found this

Father: Sigurdur, the older, on Geirseyri, a farm, at Patreksfjordur, this is in northwest Iceland.

Sigurdur was executed 1754 in accordance with “Storidomur”, whitch was a body of laws

(1564-183 disreputable for very strict punishes for incest.

Mother: Helga Jonsdottir from Sellatrum, a farm in northwest Iceland.

Jon is known as one of the tow first wathcmakers in Iceland.

Jon was a wathcmaker in Copenhagen and he was mentioned “The Icelander Jon Sivertsen”.

He is knowned as the man who repaired th Habrechtsclok in Rosenborg Chopenhagen.

You said in your letter that Jon was married to Margret and that they had tow sons Jon Firdrik and Petur and you think Petur lived in Iceland and Jon Fridrik emigrated to Danmark with his parents.

Now we have to hope that somone here in Iceland can tell us more about this people.

Replying to:

Thank you for the prompt reply! It gives me a little hope of actually finding some more information about my family. Here is more detail that I think I know.

Jon Siggurdson (Sigurdson?) was born in Iceland approx. 1720, and married a woman named Margrethe. He had two sons, John Frederick and Pjetur. Pjetur apparently stayed in Iceland when Jon and his son John Frederick emigrated to Denmark. Jon was a clockmaker who installed the Astronomical clock in Kronborg.

John Frederick Sivertsen married Anne Elizabeth Juul and they had two sons, John Edward and John Ludwig Svertsen. John Edward had four children, one of whom, Emil Theodor Sivertsen was my Grandfather. My father's name was Henning Alfred Sivertsen.

Ole

Replying to:

Hej Ole

Regards ThT

Replying to:

Thanks, Ole

Re: Re: Re: Re: Jon Sigurdsson (Sivertsen), að vestan?

Thank You Tht,

I have a notorious ancester!!!!!!!Thank you for your interest and work on my behalf. If you find more or if I can be of any help, please get in touch.

Now I also have to get to work on my Mother's side of the family. It may be more difficult as there are fewer living relatives that I know about.

Sincerely,

Ole

Replying to:

Hi Ole

“a clockmaker” was the keyword I have found this

Father: Sigurdur, the older, on Geirseyri, a farm, at Patreksfjordur, this is in northwest Iceland.

Sigurdur was executed 1754 in accordance with “Storidomur”, whitch was a body of laws

(1564-183 disreputable for very strict punishes for incest.

Mother: Helga Jonsdottir from Sellatrum, a farm in northwest Iceland.

Jon is known as one of the tow first wathcmakers in Iceland.

Jon was a wathcmaker in Copenhagen and he was mentioned “The Icelander Jon Sivertsen”.

He is knowned as the man who repaired th Habrechtsclok in Rosenborg Chopenhagen.

You said in your letter that Jon was married to Margret and that they had tow sons Jon Firdrik and Petur and you think Petur lived in Iceland and Jon Fridrik emigrated to Danmark with his parents.

Now we have to hope that somone here in Iceland can tell us more about this people.

Replying to:

Ole

Replying to:

Hej Ole

Regards ThT

Replying to:

Thanks, Ole