Skilaboðaskjóða Ættfræðifélagsins

Leggðu inn fyrirspurnir sem aðrir notendur vefsins geta ef til vill svarað --- einnig lesið yfir af félögum Ættfræðifélagsins reglulega.

Skilaboðaskjóða Ættfræðifélagsins
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SIGRIDR TORLAKSDOTTIR/TORKILDSDOTTIR (b. 1719? Iceland - d.1812 Finnmark/Norway)

Greetings, and excuse me for not writing in your language.
Sigridr Torlaksdottir or Torkildsdottir was born on Iceland approx 1719 and followed her father to Finnmark in Norway, where her father worked for "Det Islandske Handelscompagnie". She married in Finnmark and has a large number of descendants in Norway. She died in Leirbotten in Alta in 1812.

Does anybody have any ideas on how to trace her familiy roots on Iceland?
I'm going to Reykjavik for 2-3 days in the beginning of February2004. Would be great to return with more info on Sigridr.

Best Regards
Tore Trollsaas
toretrollsaas@hotmail.com

Re: SIGRIDR TORLAKSDOTTIR/TORKILDSDOTTIR (b. 1719? Iceland - d.1812 Finnmark/Norway)

I am afraid this is next to unsolvable.

There is no likely candidate in the 1729 census and church records in the first half of the 18th century are very sparse.

Moreover, I find no mention of this persion in the large genealogy manuscripts of the early 18th century (Espolin's and such), so for now I think this is a dead end.