Philly Runners -- Welcome

Welcome to our Philly Runners forum. This message board is provided for running-related discussion in the Philadelphia area and around the world. You are welcome to start your own topics and reply to others.

You don't need to post only running-related items, but commercial interests don't have a business being on here (unless you're trying to sell your used treadmill, for example). We don't have "rules" but will try to use our best good-faith judgment. 

Please do not list the full name of anybody other than yourself. Please use first names only or first name plus first letter of last name. Messages that include full names will be deleted. 

When starting a topic for an event with a specific date, please list the date of the event in the subject line. For example: "Media 5 Miler Friday June 17".

Some posts will be deleted after a while due to space limitations. Have fun, and please be sure to visit our main website for more information on our club and more running-related information.

Philly Runners Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Run for Autism Charity Opportunity -- various marathons

Hi all. This came in to my inbox recently.

Good Afternoon Philly Runners,

My name is Sarah Rodis and I am a RUN FOR AUTISM Coordinator for the Organization for Autism Research located in Arlington, VA. I’m contacting you today to ask if you would share some information about our organization and some race entry opportunities with your team/club.

In 2018 RUN FOR AUTISM is recruiting athletes to participate at any of our partner events below. We have guaranteed entries into all these races and are offering FREE entries into all of them except the TCS New York City Marathon. There is a fundraising minimum attached to each race which varies depending on the event. Click each event for more details.
- TCS New York City Marathon
- Marine Corps Marathon
- Chicago Marathon (we only have 7 spots left!)
- Berlin Marathon
- Pittsburgh Marathon & Half Marathon
- Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series

Team perks include for every race include: guaranteed entry, RUN FOR AUTISM race singlet and tech t-shirt, personal support from OAR staff, access to apparel and gear discounts, personal fundraising page, OAR finisher medal. Some races have additional team perks such as, free registration, runner recognition dinners, pre and post-race hospitality, race course support and special charity medal.

For more info about all of our races and the requirements please share this link - https://researchautism.org/run-for-autism/featured-events/

The Organization for Autism Research (OAR) uses applied research to answer questions that parents, families, teachers, and individuals with autism confront daily. OAR is ranked a 4 star charity with $0.87 of every dollar raised going back to research.

I appreciate your time and hope that you are able to share this info with your team/club. Please feel free to include my contact if as well. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out directly.

Thank you!

Sarah Rodis
Coordinator, RUN FOR AUTISM
Organization for Autism Research (OAR)
2000 N. 14th Street, Suite 240
Arlington, VA 22201
Phone: (703) 243-9710 x222
Fax: (703) 243-9751
srodis@researchautism.org