Philly Runners -- Welcome

Welcome to our Philly Runners forum. This message board is provided for running-related discussion in the Philadelphia area and around the world. You are welcome to start your own topics and reply to others.

You don't need to post only running-related items, but commercial interests don't have a business being on here (unless you're trying to sell your used treadmill, for example). We don't have "rules" but will try to use our best good-faith judgment. 

Please do not list the full name of anybody other than yourself. Please use first names only or first name plus first letter of last name. Messages that include full names will be deleted. 

When starting a topic for an event with a specific date, please list the date of the event in the subject line. For example: "Media 5 Miler Friday June 17".

Some posts will be deleted after a while due to space limitations. Have fun, and please be sure to visit our main website for more information on our club and more running-related information.

Philly Runners Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Post Broad Street Picnic on Lemon Hill 12pm, Sunday, May 5

Hi all. Once again we will be having a Philly Runners totally awesome and ridiculously gourmet post-Broad Street picnic and barbecue on Sunday, May 5.

For those of you who have been around for some time, you can skip directly to the part where you RSVP.

What: Philly Runners totally awesome and ridiculously gourmet post-Broad Street picnic and barbecue featuring organic hamburgers and craft beer.

When: Sunday, May 5. Roughly 12pm.

Where: Lemon Hill. Go up the steps from Kelly Drive across from Lloyd Hall, cross Lemon Hill Drive and we'll be there, behind the mansion.
Here's a map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/1/edit?mid=1faSE717FVCCMbW_BoUHcTpQ8wbKVj9MK&usp=sharing

Please note: In the past folks have had difficulty finding the picnic. If you think you won't be able to figure out how to get to the picnic after the race, print out the map from the website and take it with you in a zip-lock bag or throw it in your gear check bag.

Who: You! All Philly Runners, whether or not you are running Broad Street. Your significant other, friends, kids and dogs are also welcome. Pretty much anybody reading this who wants to come hang out with a bunch of folks who just ran 10 miles and eat organic hamburgers and craft beer with us is welcome. Just let me know you're coming (more on that below).

Why: Because you just ran 10 miles and you're hungry. Or perhaps you didn't just run 10 miles, but you want to come celebrate with those who did, and, while you're at it, you might as well eat some organic hamburgers and craft beer.

How much: A $15 contribution to the cost of this gourmet picnic will be very much appreciated.

Bring: Yourself and any other cool people you want to hang with. You do not need to bring anything else. If you have some dietary restriction you think I will not be able to accommodate or you have some truly unique food you would like to share with others, that's cool, but please do not feel obligated to bring anything. I plan the purchase of food on the assumption that nobody is bringing anything else.

RSVP: By Friday, May 3 at Noon. RSVP here or on the Philly Runners Message Board. Please do not RSVP by emailing me, telling me in person, fax, phone, text or any other way you can think of. When RSVP'ing, please indicate how many people will be in your party and if you have any veggies/vegans or other dietary restrictions. I am willing/able to accommodate any reasonable request provided you give me a heads-up. *** Please note: Even if you don't RSVP, just show up. I normally have plenty of extra food.

Looking forward to seeing a bunch of hungry runners on Sunday, May 5!

Re: Post Broad Street Picnic on Lemon Hill 12pm, Sunday, May 5

This picnic will start at 11:30am due to the new early start time of the race.