Philly Runners -- Welcome

Welcome to our Philly Runners forum. This message board is provided for running-related discussion in the Philadelphia area and around the world. You are welcome to start your own topics and reply to others.

You don't need to post only running-related items, but commercial interests don't have a business being on here (unless you're trying to sell your used treadmill, for example). We don't have "rules" but will try to use our best good-faith judgment. 

Please do not list the full name of anybody other than yourself. Please use first names only or first name plus first letter of last name. Messages that include full names will be deleted. 

When starting a topic for an event with a specific date, please list the date of the event in the subject line. For example: "Media 5 Miler Friday June 17".

Some posts will be deleted after a while due to space limitations. Have fun, and please be sure to visit our main website for more information on our club and more running-related information.

Forum: Philly Runners Message Board
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Post-Mayor's Cup Picnic Saturday August 12 8:30am on Belmont Plateau

Hi all.

We will be having one of our famous all-club gourmet picnics on Belmont Plateau after and/or during the Mayor's Cup on Saturday August 12.

For those of you who have been around for some time, you can skip directly to the part where you RSVP.

What: Philly Runners totally awesome and ridiculously gourmet post-Mayor's Cup picnic and barbecue.

When: Saturday, August 12. Roughly 8:30am. The half-marathon starts at 6:30am and finishers from that race will likely be appearing at the picnic site around 9am. I'm running the 10 miler, which starts at 8:15. I'll be on site by 7:30 to set up and then go run my race. Folks wanting food before I'm back from my race will be able to start grilling whenever they like. I will likely need help unloading, setting up and getting the grill going, so if anybody is going to be around, particularly anybody who's not running, your help will be appreciated.

Where: In the Athlete's Village for the Mayor's Cup on Belmont Plateau. There will be 30 or 40 running clubs here. We'll be one of them. We'll have a tent. The tent will say "Philly Runners". It’s blue with a black Liberty Bell and white text.

Here’s a map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LnzXkZivQjLH5FzGHlHp1oHs0ZY&usp=sharing

Who: You! All Philly Runners, whether you are running, volunteering, spectating, running our normal 8.5 mile loop or just looking to hang out. Your significant other, friends, kids and dogs are also welcome. Pretty much anybody reading this who wants to come hang out with a bunch of folks who just ran in the Mayor's Cup and eat organic hamburgers with us is welcome. Just let me know you're coming (more on that below).

Why: Because you just ran your butt off and you're hungry and you don't know anywhere else within walking distance of the finish line serving organic hamburgers at 8:30 in the morning. Or perhaps you didn't just run your butt off, but you want to come celebrate with those who did, and, while you're at it, you might as well eat some organic hamburgers at 8:30am.

How much: A $15 contribution to the cost of this gourmet picnic will be very much appreciated.

Bring: Yourself and any other cool people you want to hang with. You do not need to bring anything else. If you have some dietary restriction you think I will not be able to accommodate or you have some truly unique food you would like to share with others, that's cool, but please do not feel obligated to bring anything. I plan the purchase of food on the assumption that nobody is bringing anything else.

RSVP: By Thursday, August 10 at Noon. RSVP by posting here. Even if you also RSVP’d on Facebook, please RSVP here. Please do not RSVP by emailing me, telling me in person, fax, phone or any other way you can think of. This is where I count how many people are coming and it's much easier when everybody is in the same place. When RSVP'ing, please indicate how many people will be in your party and if you have any veggies/vegans or other dietary restrictions. I am willing/able to accommodate any reasonable request provided you give me a heads-up.

Everybody is always welcome, even if you don’t RSVP. I generally have extra food, but an RSVP is really appreciated.

Andrew will be providing a selection of craft beer specially curated for folks who have just run a race on a hot August day.

Looking forward to seeing a bunch of hungry runners on Saturday, August 12!

Email  
Re: Post-Mayor's Cup Picnic Saturday August 12 8:30am on Belmont Plateau

Hi Seth!

Of course I will be there, with plenty of craft beer! Cheers!

Andrew

Your Next Race & Date: Mayor's Cup 8/12/17

Your Favorite Running Shoe: Liking Brooks Ghost

Email  

Count me in!!

Your Next Race & Date: Mayor's Cup

Email  

I'll be at the picnic. Thanks!

David G.

Your Next Race & Date: Mayor's Cup, 8/12

I signed up for the 5k trail run. I'll be there for post Picnic!

Your Next Race & Date: Mayor's Cup: August 12th.

Your Favorite Running Shoe: Nike

Email  

My boyfriend, Ian, and I will be there! Looking forward to it!

Your Next Race & Date: Half marathon on August 12

Your Favorite Running Shoe: Brooks only

Email  

I will be there with my wife, Christine. Cheers!

Your Next Race & Date: 10K Trail

Email  

Count me in too, thanks!!

Your Next Race & Date: Mayors Cup

Email  

Carole and I will be there - Thanks. Please reserve a couple of veggie burgers for one of us.

Your Next Race & Date: Mayors Cup

Email  

I'm coming!

Your Next Race & Date: Mayors Cup Halg

Your Favorite Running Shoe: Mizuno Wave Inspire

Email  

I'll be there. Thanks, Seth. Already looking forward to it.

Email  

I'll be there!

Email  

Hi Seth:

Roger and I will both be there. Roger will be grilling and I will bring additional beverages (not beer) - both alcoholic and non-alcoholic 🙂

--Lisa

Your Next Race & Date: Mayor's Cup August 12

Your Favorite Running Shoe: Kinvara 7

Email  

Seth,
I will be at the picnic. I will be bringing chicken piquant and rice, I think. I plan to get there before 6:30 to park and will bring the food with me, hot. It should stay warm and require little work heating up

Email  

Seth, I saw your map of the Mayor's Cup with options for parking. Any idea how crowded it gets for parking. Just worried that I drive up there and there's no place left to park. Any insight?

Email  

Count me in, with Kristin!
Thanks!

Your Next Race & Date: Philly Mayors Cup 10miler

Email  

Ruby will be there! Thanks!

Your Next Race & Date: Mayor's Club

Your Favorite Running Shoe: NIKE W FREE DISTANCE

Email  

Jeff, and everybody:

The Mayor's Cup map shows three parking lots. The Army Road lot is for permit holders only (me and others bringing food, each club gets three). There's two other lots on the map. You can park there if you get there early enough. Otherwise, I think the nearest parking is by Please Touch Museum, a pretty serious walk over to Belmont Plateau. You can also take and IndieGo Bike or your own bike or a taxi/uber/lyft.

If you're coming by car, come early, like 6am or earlier. If you don't want to do that (particularly if you're running one of the later races), choose one of the alternatives.

Email  

Hi Seth,

Thanks for organizing. Count me in for 1 veggie please.

Thanks!
Patrick

Email  

Seth (and Andrew)

Katie F. and I will be at the picnic!

Your Next Race & Date: Mayor's Cup 10K Trail

Email  

Hi, Lisa and I will both be there. See you Saturday!

Your Next Race & Date: Institute on Aging 5K

Your Favorite Running Shoe: Brooks Adrenaline

Email  

I'll be there! Looking forward to it.

Sounds fun! We can all make it :)

I plan on eating a burger.

Email  

Hi Seth, will there be food available for Amanda as she doesn't eat meat? Also, one of our parents is coming as well.

Vegetarians are welcome, parents are welcome, everybody is welcome!

Email  

I'll be there. (Vegan)

Vegans are also welcome!

Just to be clear, for veggies and vegans I will have vegan burgers and a big salad. I may have non-vegan veggie burgers also, depending on what's in my freezer already. The salad will be vegan except for the cheese, which I will leave on the side for people to put on as they like.

Email  

Please count me in for Post-Mayor's Cup Picnic. Thank you.

Your Next Race & Date: Mayor's Cup 5K XC, 8/12/2017

Your Favorite Running Shoe: Pegasus

Email  

Ill be there!

Kate Laramie

I'll be there tired 😴 and hungry 😋

Your Next Race & Date: Mayors cup half marathon

Your Favorite Running Shoe: 4E

Email  

I'm in!

Hi Seth,
One more vegeterian to be added to your list. I'll be there for the best barbecue. Thank you for all the people giving their time to organize it. Good luck to all Philly Runners!! Have a nice and safe race.
Iris

Your Next Race & Date: Mayor's cup-Half

Your Favorite Running Shoe: Saucony

Email  

Thanks, count me in!

Your Next Race & Date: Mayor's Cup 5 mile

Your Favorite Running Shoe: Saucony Kinvara

Email  

Keep the RSVPs coming! And come to the barbecue even if you don't RSVP. There's plenty of food. But an RSVP, even now, is really appreciated because I am picking up our order of food late Friday afternoon and can grab more food off the shelf at that point if I need to.

Thanks!

Email  

Seth, I'll be there!
Kevin

Your Favorite Running Shoe: Brooks Adrenaline... or barefoot!

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Online Photo Albums   Email Forms   Free Guestbooks   Cheap Domains