Return to Website

Halibut Fishing Reports & Halibut Recipe Forum

Welcome to the halibut fishing reports and halibut recipe forum. Feel free to post a halibut fishing report in the area where you caught your fish and please share your favorite recipes.

Halibut Fishing Reports & Halibut Recipe Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Alaska: Sitka Fishing Reports

Alaska: Sitka Fishing Reports

Re: Alaska: Sitka Fishing Reports

I fished there last week, during the extreme tides. Fishing for halibut was slower than usual, but there were still fish around. For some reason they had to have herring. You could fish with lures and other bait, but you still had to have honest to goodness actual herring on the hook to catch fish.

This week, so I've heard, is much better. More halibut have moved into the area or come out of hiding.

Good luck,
john

Today, while fishing with Kain's Fishing Adventures in Sitka Alaska www.sitka-fishing.com I landed a 300 and 120 pound halibut. We also had a 100 and 2 50 pounders aboard.

Trophy halibut fishing is alive and well in Sitka, if you have the right guide who will spend the time to search out new spots. We never saw another boat during the entire day!

Be sure to check out halibut.net next week to see pictures of the big fish. And be sure to check out www.sitka-fishing.com
John

Today the boats from Kain's Fishing Adventures once again put their customers on some nice trophy-sized 100+ pound halibut. All customers limited on halibut.

Sitka is red hot for halibut, if you have the right skippers. All of the skippers at Kain's are well versed in where to find good numbers of halibut and where to search out bigger fish.

For more information visit: www.sitka-fishing.com
John

Re: Alaska: Port Alexander Fishing Reports

Hey everyone,
I'm 70 miles south of Sitka, in a small, remote port named Port Alexander. This is a great place to get lost in remote S.E. Alaska while fishing for trophy-sized halibut.

Port Alexander is just like stepping back in time. I've been staying at Laughing Raven Lodge and fishing with Father & Son Charters. They work together and provide an awesome experience for up to 8 lucky anglers.

Today I caught a 200 pound halibut, 26 pound king and a limit of coho. On day one of my trip my buddy and me caught a 100 pound halibut each. This place is awesome! I'll post some pictures next week.

If you want more information about this trophy halibut location go to: www.fatherandsoncharters.com or www.portalexander.com (907) 568-2266