Return to Website

Halibut Fishing Reports & Halibut Recipe Forum

Welcome to the halibut fishing reports and halibut recipe forum. Feel free to post a halibut fishing report in the area where you caught your fish and please share your favorite recipes.

Halibut Fishing Reports & Halibut Recipe Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Port Angeles opener

Fishing was very slow--worked several areas with different baits and depths--normal hot spots were cold--even Freshwater bay, Rock Pile and 31-36 Hole.
Fished 3 long days on the water and only got 2 30lb'rs.
I understand the indians have been long lining the area for over a month and have been pulling 1000lbs of halibut a day out of area 6. Might be were the Halibut are at that are normally there.
Hope some more Halibut move in soon for this area--very slow--Talked to the game checker and he said 1 butt for 40 boats--OUCH
Waiting impaitently for the coast to open.

Genie Aye

Re: Port Angeles opener

Paul had no luck Mon. we fished admiralty inlet, lots of boats for a monday, I was thinking about heading west next weekend as the tied looks good hiens or dallas bank, If I get iinto the fish I'll let you know! Jeremy

I hear Davis Bank and Hein are producing pretty good.

May head out there agian for some more.

Gearing up for the Coast opener next month--lots of gear to get ready--lures etc.

Let me know how ya are doing.

H20SKE...
Genie Aye

Hit Hein for the first time this year on Sunday. Produced one 30#er for two guys. Only saw one other landed but there were not many boats either.

I fished Partrige Bank on the 20th and got 1 small fish about 15-17 lbs. No other bites.The fish hit purple label herring.

fished dung. spit on fri. the 11, all day no bites. fished off ediz hook in about 270 ft. one 40lb. for a long day, way bad for this time of year. saw 3 other fish back at the dock, scattered all over .

Keep up the reports guys.
Thinking of going out saturday for a shot at some more flatties(Not to flat though) despite the tides.

And on earlier post--it was Dallas Bank--not Davis.

GENIE AYE

we are going to port angeles for halibut the 2nd wkend in may, this will be our first time fishing for halibut any tips would be great. hope the fishing picks up by then.
good luck

I fished Partrige Bank on 5/12 and 5/17. Caught 1 30lber each trip. 5/12 was a late day bite 5/17 was an early morning bite.