Whats on your mind in Mt Savage !

Whats on your mind in Mt Savage !
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
casserly

Hello I am doing research on the casserly`s looking for a evelyn sarah or sarah evelyn casserly born about 1895 according to ohio death record. married a william m murphy from west virginia a bout 1913. not able to locate. for your records i have located a james j casserly b. 8-30-1882 d. 2-12-1956 death cert said he was born in mt. savage,md to a thomas casserly and a elizabeth winebrenner. death FOX NURSING HOME,CHESTER,HANCOCK,WEST VIRGINIA.he was married to mary ellen madder/ur b.12-18-1883 pa d. 3-29-1932 keyser,mineral,wva. parrents are john & rebecca both from pa. back to evelyn parents names are not on the records. please if able to help at all.would be most greatfull. thank you debbie mclaughlin

Re: casserly

Thomas Casserly and spouse Elizabeth Winebrenner are my relatives. Do you have any other info on the Casserly family?

Hello Sorry to say, we only have one reference. He was a member of the Catholic Church here. I did find some references online. Don't know if they are from you or not. Search " Thomas Casserly Mt Savage " Might be some help

ARMSTRONG, Mrs. Pleasant Lashley, nee Crawford

Lenneyville, W.Va. - Mrs. Pleasant (Peg) Armstrong, 71, of RD 2, Lenneyville, near Chester, died Monday at 12:20 a.m. in the East Liverpool City Hospital. Daughter of the late John and Anna Elizabeth Winebrenner Crawford, she was born in Mt. Savage, Md., Feb. 28, 1900, and had resided in the area since 1925. She married William (Rube) Armstrong Sept. 25, 1925. Mrs. Armstrong attended the Chester Church of Christ, and was a member of the Gold Star Mothers of East Liverpool. Surviving are her husband; two sons, Albert R. of East Liverpool and Robert J. Lashley of Mt. Savage; four daughters, Mrs. Richard (Kathleen) Beard of Fontana, Calif., Miss Maxine Armstrong of Carpinteria, Calif., Mrs. Bill (Elton) Schon of Chester and Mrs. George (Joan) Phillips of Punxsutawney, Pa.; one brother, Albert Cassidy (I believe it should be half-brother, Albert Casserly) of Baltimore, Md.; one sister, Mrs. Evelyn Murphy of Chester; 24 grandchildren and 18 great-granchildren. Funeral services will be held Wednesdaly[sic] at 2 p.m. in the Matin Funeral Home, East Liverpool, with Evangelist Frank Higginbotham officiating. Burial will be made in Locust Hill Cemetery, Chester. Friends may call at the funeral home this afternoon and evening.
Weirton Daily Times, Weirton, WV.; March 2, 1971

Hello

Looks like the lady might have been a long lost relative. Lots of Lashleys in Mt savage around that time frame