Return to Website

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum

The purpose of this forum is to provide a forum for cadets and friends of Roosevelt Military Academy to renew and maintain friendships and to post information of interest to the RMA Community. There are no restrictions on topics for discussion. We just ask that everyone keep their notes polite and civil. Don't forget to include a subject to your message.

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Retirement

Hi Everyone,

As I have been very active in RMA activities since 2000, as well as the forming of the Rough Rider Association, in 2006, with the help of many others, it is time to pass on some of the ancillary duties I have been performing since then to our current Secretary, Rick Millikan. Rick has been involved with the Association for some time now and I am comfortable with his ability to assume these functions easily.

Should you have a need to update your Roster information, request the latest Roster(if you are a member), have questions about Association membership/dues or TAPS information and/or other questions, you should direct them to Rick. He is listed on the Website via the Contact the Association or Contact Us links on the website as Historian, as the website has not yet been updated to reflect my retirement from the Association duties I have been performing.

Many of us are in our "sunset years" and we have lost many of our fellow cadets over the years that I have cherished our friendships. As I look back over the many years that I have been involved with RMA, before and after the Association was formed, I can only say that I have enjoyed every minute of it - including many contacts of old classmates, meeting new alumni through searches to find guys to add to the Roster, and probably making some guys mad at me along the way. But, it was all good!!

We have a reunion coming up in less than a year and I am looking forward to seeing the "regulars" and hopefully many of the "occasionals" and a lot of "new" attendees. Hope to see a great turnout in Aledo next year.

Take care,

Mike '60'

Re: Retirement

Mike having worked with you for all these years, I want to personally and publicly thank you for all your effort and time on behalf of the Association. I understand the time and effort you have expended and your inputs will be missed. Regards
Jerry