Return to Website

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum

The purpose of this forum is to provide a forum for cadets and friends of Roosevelt Military Academy to renew and maintain friendships and to post information of interest to the RMA Community. There are no restrictions on topics for discussion. We just ask that everyone keep their notes polite and civil. Don't forget to include a subject to your message.

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HAPPY 40TH ANNIVERSARY AUG. 1969.

AUG 1969 "WOODSTOCK" WERE YOU THERE? I SURE WISH I HAD BEEN. THE SUMMER OF LOVE. I'VE SEEN THE MOVIES. I'VE SEEN TWO BOOKS. HECK I WISH I COULD GO TO THAT FIELD IN NEW YORK CLOSE MY EYES AND LISTEN TO THE TAPE OF THE MUSIC THAT KEPT A HALF MILLION YOUNG FOLKS AWAKE THAT WEEKEND. JUST IMAGINE MUSIC IN THE MUD IT RAINED THAT WEEKEND ALMOST LIKE IT DID FOR NOAH WELL ALMOST. WERE YOU THERE? PLEASE SHARE YOUR MEMORIES.

GENE

Re: HAPPY 40TH ANNIVERSARY AUG. 1969.

Gene, was a great place to go and bath in mud, eat rotten sandwiches, develope diarrhea and loose a few pounds, all while smelling the stench and the pot. Otherwise, the music was great and the experience one that I would never forget.