Return to Website

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum

The purpose of this forum is to provide a forum for cadets and friends of Roosevelt Military Academy to renew and maintain friendships and to post information of interest to the RMA Community. There are no restrictions on topics for discussion. We just ask that everyone keep their notes polite and civil. Don't forget to include a subject to your message.

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: REUNION

I think the decision has already been made and now, all that's left is do the best to turn it into a sucessful event

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: REUNION

There seems to be some confusion about the RMA Rough Riders Assn reunion planning for the 2010 reunion, so let me set things straight.

At the business meeting at the 2008 reunion, the association membership agreed on the planning process for the 2010 reunion. It involved placing a survey on the internet early in 2009 to determine where and when the reunion should be held. (It seemed to be the consensus of those present at the meeting that the Quad Cities/Aledo was the preferred location, but a more complete survey of the RMA community was still planned to give those who couldn’t attend the last reunion a voice in the next.) We will make a final decision on the location and establish a reunion committee by the summer of 2009--a year before the reunion date. At that time we will do some further surveys to allow everyone to tell us what they would like to do at the chosen location.

We are following that plan and the initial survey is available on the web site to anyone who wants to respond. We have already talked informally about some possible members for a Quad Cities/Aledo reunion committee since all indications-–so far--are that a trip to the campus is preferred by a large number of former cadets, but we aren’t going to make a decision until we see what the survey results show.

There appears to be some former cadets talking about making an informal trip to Aledo, but that is a separate issue from the 2010 Biennial All-Class Reunion sponsored by the association. If they make that trip, we hope they have a great time.

I encourage everyone to complete the survey to help us plan a reunion that will be the best yet. The survey is at:

http://rmaroughriders.org/Reunions/2010/questionnaire.htm

Thanks,

Bob Fritz
President, RMA Rough Rider Association

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: REUNION

Mr President
I dont mean to sound harsh, but a lack of communication from the officers elect has created this situation . Someone had to get the ball rolling and I guess that has been done, since we have now heard from you. I can tell you that we all are looking foreward to the reunion. In the meantime you officers need to have some communication with the members. This association will end without it. You have not and you need to look at who should be doing what and get them off their back ends.
P.S. If need be, we will have a good time, thank you!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: REUNION

YOU WILL LOVE ALEDO... NOW HAVE MC DONALDS, WALMART, MACKS HARDWARE STORE, SOFT SERVE, GOLF, ATHLETIC FIELD STILL OPEN AND MAYBE SWIMMING IN THE EDWARDS.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: REUNION

No subway station?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: REUNION

SUBWAY STATION NOT IN BUDGET UNTIL 2030

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: REUNION

MAYBE WE WILL GET SOME OF THE BAIL OUT MONEY AND BUILD IT FOR THE REUNION.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: REUNION

If we can get Florida why not shoot for MAY Memorial Day weekend. Ocala is about middle Fla and there are great things to do in the area. AND very little crime

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: REUNION

Lloyd, anywhere in Florida during a Holiday weekend would be very expensive. But, if the Org wants me to find out, I can get you guys some rates on hotels, packages, etc in the Ocala area. I agree, very nice area also. No beaches, however.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: REUNION

I WOULD LIKE NAPLES FLORIDA BECAUSE THERE IS LESS CRIME THERE THAN IN OCALA.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

If we can get Florida why not shoot for MAY Memorial Day weekend. Ocala is about middle Fla and there are great things to do in the area. AND very little crime

Re: REUNION

OK GUYS, SINCE I STARTED THIS I GUESS I CAN TRY TO FINISH IT ON A HEALTHY NOTE. I HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH BOB FRITZ, AND I WILL ASK ALL TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS ON THIS SITE THAT PERTAIN TO THE REUNION. HE IS WORKING IT THE WAY THAT WAS AGREED AT THE LAST ONE. LETS NOT GO OFF HALF COCKED.

Re: Re: REUNION

Look guys, I see that you are too concerned about Florida's crime. It is no different than any place else. In fact, in the entire State of Florida, we have not had 28 children murdered since the start of the school year like Chicago has.

Remember that, if you guys want to come down to one of Florida famous resorts like in Orlando, Tampa, etc, inside the resorts the environment is crime free. Did anyone think of a one day cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Nassau and back, a whole day affair, for $49.50 per person? Including all the meals etc?

I only suggest that, is it worth the expense of traveling to the reunion, to visit Aledo and the RMA campus? I think once in a while, we should have some fun also. Now, for example, on special ocassions, like the 25th anniversary of the Association, the 50th of the school, etc, just to give an example, a special ceremony in Aledo would be in order. But, every year?

Once again I will help whatever I can here in south Florida. I've been to Aledo numerous times, but perhaps some or many of the guys have not been to So.Florida.

Ocala is nice but there is not much to do there. Tampa and Orlando have a lot to do.