Return to Website

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum

The purpose of this forum is to provide a forum for cadets and friends of Roosevelt Military Academy to renew and maintain friendships and to post information of interest to the RMA Community. There are no restrictions on topics for discussion. We just ask that everyone keep their notes polite and civil. Don't forget to include a subject to your message.

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Chat Room

There is no way to easily identify a specific e-mail user. There is no "global" directory you can go to. I can create/change/delete any e-mail address within my domains whenever and I want--and it will not show up on any public list anywhere.

I am still the system administrator/webmaster for the RMA site--as I have been for the past 6 years. However, I changed the domain name from rmaalumni.org to rmaroughriders.org when the association was formed last year.

Bob Fritz '65

Re: Re: Re: Re: Chat Room

OK thanks for the info. ya there 11,969 @rescueteam.com ID's i'll just have go to each one. Thanks for your help.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chat Room

Bob, just a quick question. How easy would it be for you to add on a chat room to this web site? I have no clue perhaps of the implications of my suggestion. It may be something that is unattainable but, if it is, what can be done to have it?
I think a lot of times, a chat room could solve some communication issues not to mention bring the guys together for some bs and fun.
Frank

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chat Room

I second the motion

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chat Room

THIS COULD BE FUN. LETS DO IT BOB.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chat Room

I think a simple chat room is doable. Give me a few days to see what the options are. Bob.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chat Room

Bob,
I went to Aledo High School and knew many RMA Cadets, I now work for the Army and first saw your sight while I was in Iraq . Needless to say, I visit often now, is a great site you have, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
:) FYI, I know many folks who have set up a chatroom on BUZZEN.com, is free to visit, however the 'ROOM ADMINISTRATOR' has a fee to set up a room, from what I understand, it's $50 or there abouts. The good thing about Buzzen is that assigned room monitors, have a 'hammer' to abolish unwanted visitors. Is free to anybody else visiting.
Just a thought and suggestion, in case you are groping.
Take care,
Cheryl Dobrinske

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chat Room

Bob, not to add more to what you already have but, did you decide on the idea of the chatroom?

Re: Chat Room

I have been upgrading the web site over the weekend. You'll notice there is now an Association News section where I have posted all of the official communications from the association.

The next step in the upgrade is to create a Communications Center. This will be a place for informal communications among the members (and non-members, as well). It will include the current message forum and a new chat room. I hope to have this complete in the next couple of days.

Bob.

Re: Re: Chat Room

GREAT! Thanks, Bob