Return to Website

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum

The purpose of this forum is to provide a forum for cadets and friends of Roosevelt Military Academy to renew and maintain friendships and to post information of interest to the RMA Community. There are no restrictions on topics for discussion. We just ask that everyone keep their notes polite and civil. Don't forget to include a subject to your message.

RMA Rough Rider Association Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My resignation

To all attendies of Rossevelt Military Academy and members of the former Rough Rider Association.

Let it be known that as of 6:03PM Eastern time July 2, 2007 I, Leland Easton have resigned as parliamentarian. This is due to the fact that the association being no longer what we voted for in 2006.

The association as voted for no longer exist as the association as the consitution and by laws stated. The treasurer has incorporated the association as a non-profit corporation and it now has a board of directors that makes the association null and void. Sincerely Leland Easton Past Parliamentarian

Re: My resignation

I HOPE THERE IS AN EXPLINATION FOR THIS SOMEWHERE.
LELAND IS AND OR WAS A VALUABLE TOOL. HE HAS BEEN A GREAT BENIFACTOR TO THE ASSN. IF THIS IS ALLOWED TO STAND WE HAVE LOST A GREAT RESOURCE.

GENE SHALANDER SR

Re: Re: My resignation

If this is the case, we as former cadets , we no longer have a Rough Rider Association as per our August 2006 get to gather.
We now need to Vote in a New President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasury. And take legal action to preserve the funds that were left over from the 2006 reunion

Re: My resignation

Mr Leland its begining to sound like your our only working member of the boad elected at the meeting that is helping the Alumni be what it was supposed to be. It would be a disservice to our organization if you would resign I hope you will reconsider your decision. I realize I'm not much help as I haven't taken an active role in the Association but seeing as I'm not taking an active role in the association it would be a disservice to resign> Sir please reconsider your decision.

Respectfully

Richard A Karpes...........

In the words of that "Great icon of lawfulness and decency, that great American role-model," Rodney King,..." Can't we just get along?"

Re: Re: Re: My resignation

Coun't of said it better. Target hit!!! bravo

Mr. Easton has left the House.